What's the dumbest thing you've done?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 88888accountant, Dec 14, 2005.

1. puma became Intellisink (sp) sync...I actually made a lot of $$ on it then sold...bought back in....and finally sold again!...but its still in bus...

#151     Jan 27, 2006
  2. Got wrapped up in the fed meeting on wednesday. Saw a huge crossed mrk in XOM. took 8000 shares and offered out. Ths nyse dot dropped 30 cents, filled me 15 cents lower. Ah yes the standard 10:30 wednesday oil number, how soon we forget.

#152     Feb 20, 2006
  3. smallfil

smallfil

My two last trades were dummy trades. Both, turned into losers immediately.
    Hindsight is always 100% but, my mistake being entering in between a trend (down in this case) and I bought calls on ATI DJ (ATI) and XTO EI (XTO). On the plus side,
    my options still had a lot of time to expiration. ATI DJ turned into a winner for me. Sold it last Friday at $7.40 (in at $4.70). My XTO EI is still under water but, still has time too.
    Coulda, shoulda, you know the drill----if I bought the April/May 45 call for ATI and April/May 40 Call for XTO----I would have made a good sum by now!!! :(
    Oh, well, that is why we call them mistakes!!! LOL

#153     Mar 5, 2006
  4. lundy

lundy

Early last year I put on a bear spread on GOOG @ 140.

It gapped to 170 and then 190 in 2 days. I held. lost 7k

I was doing it because I just couldn't see how a search engine could rip so hard.

#154     Mar 5, 2006
  5. cmarcourt

cmarcourt

Like a lot of persons I presume I clicked on the wrong button.
    Instead of closing a trade I reversed my position !
    At the beginning (5 years ago) I went long when I wanted to be short and vice-versa.

#155     Mar 6, 2006
  6. Handle money to my broker ...

#156     Mar 6, 2006
  7. Sorry, no nightmare trades here but... Just built a house out in the country. According to the neighbors (before I built), high speed internet access was available on our road. Fast forward to present... it turns out high-speed is only available on certain parts of the road! Im in a few mile range where it's not available. :(
    Had to close the futures account. Now Im back to swing trading stocks. This is brutal. Does anyone have satellite internet service? The only person I know who has it near here says it's not any faster than dial up. I thought it was supposed to be like DSL or cable! Any responses/ help would be appreciated! J

#157     Mar 6, 2006
  8. Choad

Choad

Checkout this thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...ge=6&highlight=direcway internet&pagenumber=2

#158     Mar 6, 2006
  9. Excellent! Thanks Choad! I appreciate it!

#159     Mar 6, 2006
  10. forgetting to cancel your stops when you close a trade is pretty dumb!

Believe me.

#160     Mar 6, 2006