What's the difference between swifttrade/title and American prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by andyyang99, Jul 5, 2007.

1. They offer payouts on an incremental scale, 35-50% on each 10 grand a trader makes in a month. After making 120k, 400k and 1 million, the incremental scale goes up 5% (so it becomes 40-55%, then 45-60%, then 50-65%).

Traders pay desk fees for exchange data related to whatever exchanges they trade, so those differ. It usually amounts to a couple hundred $ a month. In this case, they want $150 a month to start.

Is it standard practice to pay month for the data or if I could find a place that would let me trade for free?

#11     Jul 12, 2007
  2. most offices charge the traders for the entitlements once he gets profits... [they charge from the profits]

#12     Jul 12, 2007
  3. In the past swifttrade has had a policy of investing in their traders by paying their fees for them for the first several months before you become profitable. When i started this was still the case and I did not pay these fees. I do not know what has changed, but it appears this branch is no longer taking that investment in its traders.

#13     Jul 12, 2007
  4. Thanks a lot for your replies! I told them that I don't have enough information/experience to invest in fees and asked that they hire me with the condition that I'll pay the fees with my profits. We'll see if they accept.

#14     Jul 12, 2007
  5. What is the payout structure, fee structures for Genesis, Hold Brothers and Title Traders?

#15     Jun 5, 2008
  6. mnx

mnx

that depends almost entirely on your negotiating skills and how much volume you do.

- mnx

#16     Jun 5, 2008