What's the deal with Sierra Chart these days?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by DarthSidious, Mar 9, 2021.

1. @AMP_Global I use Sierra with AMP/CQG that AMP provides. Last few months I am flooded by information from Sierra about how that is going to go away (new deadline April 1st '21 or something), how I should pay them directly, how I should use CQG for routing only, so on and so forth. Can you please tell us what's going on what we should do?

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Are Sierra closing a shop? That would be a shame. Great product. I used it along time ago. Their scripting language did not work for me, but otherwise it was great and rock solid.

3. hilmy83

hilmy83

Sierra HATES cqg. That's all

4. Sierra doing this separate billing only on CQG customers??

5. hilmy83

hilmy83

from the email, looks like sierra is making everyone pay separately to use their platform.

but sierra just doesnt like cqg in general
    Sierra Chart as of November 1, 2019, will only provide support to CQG users within our discretion.

6. hilmy83

hilmy83

login into sierrachart.com and go to account control panel to activate services.

so at this point, you're gonna pay $26/month to use their platoform. no more suckin on amp's tit for that free access.

Currently i use tradingview or cqg desktop/mobile. tradingview has decent tools to work with.

7. That's what it sounds like. Could be SC received a discounted fee when paid by brokers... but now SC can charge higher fee (eliminate the broker discount) to customers when paid directly. ??

Wifey's employer's retirement plan administrator went through something similar a few years back. Instead of having the employer pay the fees, changed to individually billing the employees... have noticed fee increases over time, of course.

I'm sure the employer was glad to get rid of that "cost" and pass it onto the employees... :(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    hilmy83 likes this.
  8. I might. I just wanna know @AMP_Global take on this or if there is a better way / different way before I do so. I also have account with Tradestation and IB, so I have choices already, but would like to keep Sierra

Asterix likes this.
  9. That's web-based, right?

hilmy83 likes this.
  10. Geez... who doesn't like "free tit"?

:)

#10     Mar 9, 2021