what's the deal with collective2?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by IronFist, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is really simple:

1. It should be/is up to the vendor to decide if he wants to publish this number or not. If they want to, they can post it in their forum. Otherwise it is not our business.

2. Systems shouldn't be choosen just by popularity, but according to its profile fitting your needs.

3. The number actually fluctuates wildly, and people would draw the wrong conclusion by looking at them jumping up and down in a short period of time.

Good developers earn between $10,000 and $15,000 per month. The very best (a handful) earn over $20,000 per month.

You just simply CAN NOT know, since you don't know the # of subscribers... :)

#51     Dec 28, 2008
  2. This came from the horse's mouth so to speak.

#52     Dec 28, 2008
  3. Thanks for some good insight and info.

#53     Dec 29, 2008
  4. I have recently started posting trades on Collective2 with 2 systems. I'm not going to identify them now at the the risk of being self serving and promotional. However, in 3 months or so, I will regardless of my performance.

Despite the reporting errors on C2 with Ninja, I am not going to change my modus operandi to accomodate C2's shortcomings and "dress up" the numbers. In other words, I will continue to use Ninja for my live account and I'll let the chips fall where they will as far as C2 is concerned, the slippage and bad reported fills notwithstanding. In my opinion, what one sees on C2 for my systems is an absolute worst case scenario that could be achieved if one is autotrading these systems; in efffect, the baseline for hypothetical results.

Stay tuned.

#54     Dec 29, 2008
  5. Yeah, he did. And was thoroughly reprimanded by Matt.

#55     Dec 29, 2008

6. Skewed to the right. You can see the APD distribution, and let that be your guide when you form the percentiles.

#56     Dec 29, 2008
  7. #57     Dec 29, 2008
  8. I've never had them report a fill I couldn't verify from a 3rd party time and sales list.

#58     Dec 29, 2008
  9. You got it, but it gets to a bigger point that we also have absolutely no way to change our recommendations.

#59     Dec 29, 2008
  10. Son, I've given them away.

#60     Dec 29, 2008