what's the deal with collective2?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by IronFist, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Not really. If I'm long and the closing trade executes at 3:59:00 and the price on every data feed is 20.00 but the C2 trade says 19.90 they better damn well fix it. It happens a lot. Trust me on that. Every time I closed a trade I always hoped the mispricing would go in my favor. If it did, it would usually be a price that occurred a few minutes before.

#31     Dec 25, 2008
  2. bronks

bronks

1. Rolex just provided a completely accurate statement... that C2 is completely inaccurate in certain situations.

2. C2 uses SPAN for margin calculations. If you're trading your system in realtime and often bump YOUR BROKERS margin ceiling, you will definitely get erratic fills and stuck open/close/partial positions because SPAN (C2) 99% of the time will not matchup with your brokers day margins. OF course you can adjust to it... but that's not the point, is it.

3. As mentioned, there are serious data issues between Ninja and C2, which-->

4. Matthew Klein is aware of but transfers all liabilities to third party vendors (read:NT), of course C2 is flawless.
    He is very arrogant in his responses regarding shortcomings in HIS software.

#32     Dec 25, 2008
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is pure spam, Surf, knock it off....We are discussing C2 here, not your fucking boy....

The problem with C2 right now is the speed of fills. A market order can take as much as 20 seconds to execute, more if there are subscribers autotrading. That is simply just bad business and unacceptale.

Now if the vendor is swingtrading with a few trades a day, it might not be an issue, but for scalping system this issue alone makes or breakes the system's performance record...

My guess for the servers' slow down is that there are too many statistics running and probably too many systems trading at the same time...

#33     Dec 25, 2008
  4. It can take up to 20 seconds before a trade is logged ?
    Under what conditions did you experience this ?

#34     Dec 25, 2008
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

It has been an ongoing problem...

#35     Dec 25, 2008
  6. They won't do that. Instead, they will look at their autotrail report and if the posted trades match their paperwork from the transmitter of the data, the conversation is over and the trades don't change.

You have to have an extremley compelling case before Matthew changes anything; for example, the data sent was incorrect and confirmed by the front-end sender, like Ninja.

#36     Dec 26, 2008
  7. He is arrogant, indeed. If Ninja is the root cause of the problem, Matthew wil hint that you should change vendors, since the ultimate responsibility for everything is the developer, not C2. So those of us who run a real trading business should find another way other than our tried and true suppliers to play make believe on C2? I think not.

And yet he keeps his affiliation with Ninja (and kisses their butt, too) knowing full well it is a very inferior vendor for transmitting accurate and timely data to C2.

#37     Dec 26, 2008
  8. I came across this website a long time ago.
    I couldn't believe the numbers either. There were so many systems seemingly making money hand over fist. Something had to be wrong.
    I 've always distrusted systems, some people trade systems and make millions but they must have something else the average system trader doesn't have.

I am not a system trader obviously but it's become obvious to me that my suspicion about systems was correct, there are a great deal of parameters that are not taken into account when a system is designed, there is no way to integrate those parameters into the system , some of them mya be unknown to you at the time yopu design the system.

That means even a good system will in most cases not perform as well as the simulation.

But you just have to ask yourself, if these guys on C2 are so good, why don't they trade their system. OK tehy say they want to sell it too. Alright but if you have a damn good system, why don't you just sell some leser good systems , variations of the best one and trade the holy grail yourself ?

It's all an illusion.

#38     Dec 26, 2008
  9. I've had him change MANY trades for me, no questions asked as long as his price was incorrect. Once MY data was incorrect and I asked for a price change and he said no. As expected.

I'm not trying to defend the guy or anything. I actually stopped using the service cause he was a prick to me in one of our emails. I didn't want to support his business anymore.

#39     Dec 26, 2008
  10. Doesn't Ninja send the actual fill prices to C2?!
    Isn't it like one must place real money trades and NT sends the True Fills?

One thing interesting was when looking at the 3.5+ year old systems, there was NOT one that I liked even the profitable ones! It goes a long way to show the truth about trading success and it's myths...

#40     Dec 26, 2008