what's the deal with collective2?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by IronFist, Dec 17, 2008.

1. futurestruth has their problems too with long-term accuracy of a system's true performance.

Any smart developer can make a system that can exploit the weakness of a performance monitor.

#111     May 15, 2010
  2. Well, the benefit for me, at least, or for any developer, is that they can autotrade your system without you having to take responsibility for technological fuck ups. I think that's beneficial to have a 3rd party verify results <b>and</b> trade the system exactly as presented. It's a good idea, and I think the theory for long term performance requires years of research, networking, and IT intellectual skills, which is what many seeking the golden goose and Greek Money Machine don't realize is that creating, implementing, and testing these things is not easy.

#112     May 15, 2010
  3. What about covestor? Real money real time

#113     May 15, 2010
  4. Recently went down a path with CFTC regarding publishing a algorithmic trading system.

They have a few rules that prevent automated trading systems from truly being accurate to a subscriber.

The trading system can not adjust to a subscribers position or base any calculations on a subscribers fills or account positions. If you do the system is deemed as providing trading advise and requires CTA registration, disclosures etc.

ie. If the system is expecting a fill at 1132.75 and your order slipped to 1131.00 you are SOL. Collective2 has tools to assist you with syncing signals with the trading system but the trading system can not adjust and send calculated trade instructions based on your actual position.

Until these rules are fleshed out, dynamic HFT systems will remain private.

#114     May 15, 2010
  5. c_verm

c_verm

I agree with Now that Collective is great for testing systems, and does not YET carry a lot of credibility. Things are slowly changing on the platform, but its still going to take long time for that site to really shine in terms of credibility as it needs more successful systems and marketing. Here is my Collective2 Review

Striker on the other hand seems to have more credibility, but still most systems lose money as automated trading systems in general are very tough to create and be profitable over the long run.

#115     May 20, 2014
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Is this already the 4th year anniversary of nobody posting in this thread? Congrats for the thread necromancy!

It is like 8 or so years old, just how many years/chances does it need to be proven?

#116     May 20, 2014
  7. never,because its immposible to make money trading,collective just prooves it:D

#117     May 20, 2014
  8. c_verm

c_verm

Well, I believe in things when someone is working hard to make it a success. Nothing in life is perfect so I dont expect a perfect system. With regulations and technology always changing so will business as the try to keep up with the times.

Yes 99.9% of systems on the site lose money, but there are some good ones. The real problem is that trading in general is very difficult and 99.9% of traders lose money. It all about finding one or two systems that work and complement your own trading for diversification/account stability.

I know Collective2 has made some big mistakes but people/services change and should be revisited over time. That is my 2 cents :)

#118     May 20, 2014
  9. I have one of those 0,1 that make money there ,I am on my way to 2000% return very soon

#119     May 20, 2014