Whats the current opinion of new Tradestation Platform?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Splat, Nov 16, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

Heh,

I am gonna have to update my .gifs if you want to see some spaghetti.

nitro

#21     Nov 17, 2002
  2. ddog

ddog

Your quote:

"You find the fills and executions on the web-based platform adequate?"

You don't have to use the web based platform to trade eminis. You can go to www.link-waldock.com and download LindExpress.

It is a stand alone program, not web based.

#22     Nov 18, 2002
  3. That's interesting - you mean you can use the Lind software but pay the TS commissions? Had no idea that was possible, if so - last I checked the Lind commissions weren't close to competitive with the lower rate brokers...

#23     Nov 18, 2002
  4. ddog

ddog

"That's interesting - you mean you can use the Lind software but pay the TS commissions?"

Yes. I found out about this at www.tradestationworld.com. Someone was complaining about slow futures execution speeds and was pointed to the download.

In my opinion the lind express software takes up too much screen space, however.

#24     Nov 18, 2002
  5. I'm not sure what functionality is included in TS 7, but some of the features from 2000i need to be put back into their next release:

1. End-of-day scanning (Workspace Assistant in 2000i)
    2. Real-time scanning (similar to RadarScreen)
    3. Importing third-party data
    4. Composite symbols, e.g., baskets

What I'd like to see:

1. Custom chart types, e.g., create a variation of a three-line break chart
    2. Baskets
    3. Simultaneous signals for multiple data streams, e.g., for pair trading
    4. Intrabar signals based on other data streams
    5. Multiple symbol retrieval / query without having to create a data stream in a chart window

The current TradeStation feed / network has become more reliable, and the speed now surpasses the RealTick feed. I still prefer EasyLanguage over the bulky scripting of WealthLab, but WL seems to be more responsive to developer feedback and fixing bugs. NeoTicker is the dark horse here - a great development model and good intraday scanning features.

MC

#25     Nov 18, 2002
  6. The best feature for me in TS6 is not having to deal with the global server to maintain data. The most frustrating aspect? Probably removing its capacity to import data, but at least I can still export it for work in 2ki. TS7 will have to be improved in order keep up with the competition.

#26     Nov 18, 2002
  7. LindExpress functionality is still less than JTrader's ...

#27     Nov 18, 2002
  8. ddog

ddog

Is there a Tradestation Securities representative on these boards who can give us an update on the expected release date and new features to be included in Tradestation 7?

#28     Nov 19, 2002