Whats The Big Hype With this RGIII?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wildchild, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Maybe RGIII is more marketable than Luck? I have no idea, no one is saying Luck doesn't deserve a lot of praise for what he has done in the W and L column for the Colts but he also has NOT had anywhere near the statistical season RGIII has had.

No one is saying that you or anyone should admit RGIII is a better QB or will be a better QB in this league however it makes no sense to not give RGIII credit for performing very well in his rookie season.

#41     Dec 10, 2012
  2. Just FYI, RGIII is the top rated QB in the NFL right now, QB ratings wise.

#42     Dec 10, 2012
  3. wildchild

wildchild

At least with RGIII's terrible season the Redskins will get a great draft pick.

Ohhh, wait a minute. Washington already wasted that pick on RGIII.

#43     Dec 4, 2013
  4. Ironically, RGIII is having a better statistical season than Andrew Luck...again!!

Yeah no question it's been a sophomore slump for RGIII, but then again he really shouldn't be playing. His should have sat out this season and recovered.

But even on one knee he's actually playing better than Luck. Go figure :p

#44     Dec 5, 2013
  5. #45     Dec 5, 2013
  6. WOW. Talk about data mining.

Redskins offensive statistics are ridiculously inflated due to "garbage time".

Look at the breakdown between their first half statistics and second half statistics (when they're getting blown out and the other team plays prevent D for the last 20 minutes).

AND... let's not forget they play 6 division games against Philly, Dallas, and NY Giants. Three of the worst defensive teams in the league.

#46     Dec 5, 2013
  7. Fact is, RGIII should have never even played this season, at least not the first half. No training camp and coming off a major knee injury, he made the mistake of thinking he could just walk in and put up big #'s again like he did last year. Didn't happen. The Redskins are atrocious.

But, that's not to say that he's a bust. The OP argued all last season that he was despite RGIII putting up over a 100 QBR and rushing for like 800 yds. And taking his team into the playoffs.

#47     Dec 5, 2013
  8. 1) I agree. he should have sat out until October or later. After AP though, everyone thinks they can rush back and be superman.

2) I think the jury is out on him. All "running" QB's come out like a house on fire (Vick, Vince Young, Cam, RG3, Kaepernick, etc). They are going to "change the game". But in the second year, after defenses get an off season to scheme, they are forced to throw and that's when they are exposed as frauds.

I think Cam Newton has the best chance to succeed among all of them. And I'm still not sold on him. We shall see.

All that being said, there isn't a football executive on earth that wouldn't take Luck right now over any of them. That is without question.

#48     Dec 5, 2013
  9. That's why he was taken #1, he's the prototypical pocket passer.

But we shouldnt so quickly discount what RGIII did last year. None of the other QBs you mentioned did anywhere near as well in their first season, statistically, as RGIII did in his. I hear what you are saying and you make good points, but let's give this guy a chance. He needs a full, healthy season. This year has clearly been a sophomore slump.

My only real contention is that the OP appears to be biased or racist and, even last year, said nothing but bad things about the guy. Hard to argue rationally with someone so irrational....but I keep trying :D

#49     Dec 5, 2013
  10. wildchild

wildchild

Dude, what planet are you on?

Indy is 8-4 this season and they would be a lousy team without Luck. If Indy doesn't have Luck, they would finish this season 5-11 or worst. With Luck, they are going to win their division, and they still have a shot at a first round bye. Ohhh by the way, they beat Denver and Seattle. Pretty damn impressive to me.

Washington plays in a crap division and is easily the worst team, a lot of which can be blamed on RGIII. Now RGIII and his dad are trying to tell Shanahan how to coach and suggesting they should be running the same offense Baylor does. You have to be kidding me. Who knows what Redskins record would be if Cousins played, but it could not be any worst than with RGIII. Its time to bench RGIII play Cousins and evaluate what you have, because this RGIII does not have the skill set to be legit NFL quarterback.

Luck Starting Record this season
    8-4

RGIII Starting Record this season
    3-9.

ESPN Passer rating
    Andrew Luck is ranked 13th of 36 QBs.
    RGIII is ranked 29th of 36 QBs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

What statistics are you referring to?

The Redskins can't really get much better next year because they have next years 1st round pick wrapped up in RGIII.

#50     Dec 6, 2013