Whats The Big Hype With this RGIII?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wildchild, Aug 18, 2012.

1. No, no, no, stats don't matter....Luck is clearly the better QB :D

#31     Dec 6, 2012
  2. wildchild

wildchild

There is a clear difference. Indy is relying on Luck to run their offense. From Day 1, Luck was given the entire playbook and expected to know it and execute it. Luck is asked to do more bottomline. Shanahan is taking baby steps with RGIII relying heavily on the run and only allowing RGIII to pass in key points.

Luck is running a pro offense, RGIII is running a college offense. There is no debate, that is the fact.

The biggest stat of all, wins and losses. Luck is doing more with a less talented team. End of story.

#32     Dec 6, 2012
  3. That is a pretty good argument. Luck also has close to 1000 more passing yards, even if the INT:TD ratio is nowhere near as good.

Stats can be very misleading, as game time situations will often dictate how aggressive the QB has to be (if they are trailing big, time is an issue and the QB might attempt 50 passes in the game). RGIII does complete alot of quick strike routes and that can boost his completion percentage as well.

The "eyeball test" is really necessary to judge how effective a QB really is...I've watched both this year and aside from the terrible game Luck had against NE a few weeks ago, I've thought that he's played really well, looked poised, didn't panic too often. RGIII looks just as good, he's brought the team back from near collapse to get them in the race with the Giants. All things considered, I think RGIII is playing in a tougher division, even if the Eagles suck and Dallas is inconsistent, that win against the Giants was very impressive.

#33     Dec 6, 2012
  4. I think we all can agree that RGIII has lived up to the hype considering all the media and endorsement attention he got before he even took one snap. Hell, he'd be the leading RUSHER if he were on the Colts! LOL

He's damn good, Wildchild, there is no shame in admitting that.

#34     Dec 6, 2012
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is a team game, and did you miss the part about the easy schedule???

Also, what about Tebow??? How come God has forsaken him??? :)

#35     Dec 7, 2012
  6. wildchild

wildchild

I don't pay much attention to the jets. I dont even know what they are doing with Tebow so I don't know why that is an issue.

Easy schedule? If Indy played in the NFC East they would win that division. Indy and of course Houston are for real in the AFC South. The NFC East has 4 pretenders.

BTW, I didnt even mention RGIII's injury potential. The dude missed quite a bit of time in college. I expect the same in the pros. Afterall, he has already been concussed once.

#36     Dec 7, 2012
  7. wildchild

wildchild

I called that one.

#37     Dec 10, 2012
  8. Yup, the potential is certainly there for injury and this is the biggest concern for him.

Did you notice that both teams won again, although RGIII had yet another 100+ QB rating game while Luck's QB rating was barely was above 50? Not to mention that Indy barely beat the woeful Tennessee Titans while the Skins beat the division leading Ravens.

Are you ready to admit that RGIII is pretty darn good yet? Or are you still stuck in your ways? :)

#38     Dec 10, 2012
  9. wildchild

wildchild

RGIII did not, and does not deserve more hype than Luck.

#39     Dec 10, 2012
  10. You remind me of a 16 year old kid with a fanboy obsession. No matter what evidence is provided, you brush it aside as immaterial. Is it SO difficult for you to admit that RGIII has had a good season? Or is the only way for you to continue to sing Luck's praises is to try and disparage RGIII continously?

It's also pretty telling that you called the NFC East a bunch of pretenders. Last I checked, a team in the NFC East has won a couple of championships over the past 4 seasons. If anything, the AFC South is a "pretender" division, regardless of how well the Texans have done in the regular season. Jacksonville and Tennessee? Seriously, get a reality check.

#40     Dec 10, 2012