Whats The Big Hype With this RGIII?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wildchild, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Good points.

I follow the Skins closely. I haven't seen the Colts play. I can't imagine what more RG III could have done. I thought the Skins wrecked their team for years to come when they traded up for him and still do, but he has played far better than I or anyone else expected. He has little in the way of receiving threats and a very mediocre O line. His receivers had 10 legitimate drops against the Steelers. Almost all of them were right on target. They had several yesterday as well. He is playing with a sixth round draft pick rookie RB, who has also been a big surprise, but beyond him, they have basically nothing at RB. Their only effective TE is out for the year. And, as you pointed out, their defense is beyond terrible. Special teams have also been atrocious. This is a deeply dysfunctional team on every level, from ownership to front office to coaching to players. RG III and Alfred Morris are really the only two bright spots on the whole team.

#21     Nov 5, 2012
  2. Only 4 TD's today, yeah RGIII stinks! LOL

#22     Nov 22, 2012
  3. Luck's QB rating is around 77, between Blaine Gabbert (I guess he's still playing ?) and Mark Sanchez, who ran into one of his lineman's rear ends yesterday during a "play". Jets lost by around 30.

Meanwhile, Griffin's is over 105, in the top five, along with Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Peyton Manning.

Grifiin is almost certainly Rookie of the Year and, maybe, even MVP.

#23     Nov 23, 2012
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think it is time for the thread starter to eat shit, publicly...

"RGIII becomes first rookie in NFL history to throw four touchdown passes in consecutive games"

"RGIII wins fourth ROOKIE OF THE WEEK award."

#24     Nov 23, 2012
  5. I hope the OP is hungry because he needs to eat more shit today after RGIII leads the Skins to a win over the defending Super Bowl Champs.

#25     Dec 4, 2012
  6. he looks....thuggish.

#26     Dec 4, 2012
  7. wildchild

wildchild

Andrew Luck has a better record with a worst team. If the season ended today, Andrew Luck would be in the playoffs, RGIII would not. What else is there?

The fact today remains the same as it did on day 1. Andrew Luck is a better quarterback than RGIII. If you watched the media hype, you would think otherwise.

#27     Dec 6, 2012
  8. They're both good QB's and have pretty much lived up to the hype. The concern is the "sophomore slump" as Cam Newton proved this year.

#28     Dec 6, 2012
  9. That's a definite concern.

#29     Dec 6, 2012
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Stats:

RG3 17 TD 4 INT 2660 YDS 67.1 Completion PCT 104.4 Passer Rating
    714 Rushing YDS 6 Rushing TD

Andrew Luck 17 TD 16 INT 3596 YDS 55.5 Completion PCT 76.1 Passer Rating
    216 Rushing YDS 5 Rushing TD

The only 2 stats Andrew luck is leading or tied in is TD Passes, and Yards, RG3 is destroying luck in every single other category.

Add that to the fact that Indy has one of the easiest schedules in the league, and how could you possibly say Luck has been better this season?

#30     Dec 6, 2012