Whats The Big Hype With this RGIII?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wildchild, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Tom B

Tom B

Staubach, Montana, and Young were just some of the mobile quarterbacks that won the Superbowl.

#11     Aug 20, 2012
  2. wildchild

wildchild

No, you said it like you know him. I am just wondering how you know that he is such a great human being.

#12     Aug 20, 2012
  3. wildchild

wildchild

He wasn't even the first quarterback taken in the draft. Why is he getting more press than the guy picked BEFORE him?

Could the guy please take a snap before doing commercials?

#13     Aug 20, 2012
  4. wildchild

wildchild

#14     Aug 20, 2012
  5. Wallet

Wallet

I've watched him (Griffin) play several college games (Big 12), the guys legit,... world class hurdler ( two steps and he's gone), good arm, height to see and he's smart, game smart.

He'll do well in the NFL, Indy probably should have picked him over Luck but I understand their decision. People think he's a Vic, Griffin can and has shown he'll stay in the pocket, but it's the rockets he has that make him such a threat. Defensively you have to spy a linebacker and maintain pocket pressure or he's gone.

#15     Aug 20, 2012
  6. Dumbest statement in the history of the internet.

Luck has been the lock #1 pick in the draft since he was 17. Griffin was a late round project until this past year.

I like RG3 as an athlete, but he can't hold Luck's jock at the QB position.

#16     Aug 21, 2012
  7. Wallet

Wallet

No there's several other posts that I could link that would win that award.

Griffin didn't attend school in the media rich Southern California Pac-10/12, He came from Baylor, the once door mat of the Big-12 South. Unless you're from this area you probably wouldn't have known about him.

All I know is what I've seen watching him play and what I've heard from a couple of friends who would know, the scouting reports were solid on him. And while there's several reasons for Baylor's climb in this division, Griffin's development over the last couple of years was a main factor.

I'm not knocking Luck, I hope he does well, I like Indy.

Time will tell.

#17     Aug 21, 2012
  8. nursebee

nursebee

He almost made the Olympics!

#18     Aug 21, 2012
  9. wildchild

wildchild

Imagine that, the quarterback picked before RGIII, Andrew Luck, inherited the worst team and has them as a legit playoff contender this year. If they played in any other division I would say they actually have a chance of winning the division, but I think Houston is probably the best team in the NFL. If we assume the Colts match their first half performance, in the second half then they will be a wildcard team. Not bad when you consider they were 2-14 last year.

Conclusion on Luck.
    Last year Colts 2-14 without Luck.
    This year Colts 5-3 at midpoint with Luck.

Now lets take RGIII who got considerably more hype than Andrew Luck. RGIII was out doing commercials before the season. He is still doing them. The media had a 24-7 lovefest with him. What are the results 9 games for the Skins. RGIII had lead them to a 3-6 record. They will miss the playoffs. They will not even make a legitimate push for the playoffs. They were 5-11 last year. That looks like that's where they will finish this year.

Conclusion
    Last year Skins 5-11 without RGIII.
    This year after 9 games with RGIII they are 3-6 and it looks they will be a 5 or 6 win team.

At the end of the day Andrew Luck, the first quarterback taken in the draft, has greatly improved his teams performance. He took a 2-14 team and has them as a playoff contender. RGIII has offered no real improvement to his teams performance. The Skins are as bad as they were when they Jason Campbell, McNabb, Grossman or whatever other mediocre quarterback they have started over the last few years.

RGIII, overhyped, under-performing. I don't need to see a guy who has put up a 3-6 record on TV doing commercials. Give some attention to Luck and less to RGIII.

#19     Nov 5, 2012
  10. Yeah because football is not the ultimate team sport. Couldn't have anything to do with the Redskins having the worst pass defense in the NFL. RGIII obviously is a huge part of the defense, being the quarterback and all, LOL.

Seriously though, Luck is going to be great but RGIII has played great too. RGIII has a 94 QBR and is on pace to rush for almost 1000 yds, from the QB position. He's only thrown 3 ints, to Lucks 8.

You know, Peyton Manning had a QB rating of 72 and threw 28 INT's his rookie year and the team went 3-13. Would you have said Manning was a bust based on his rookie year? Troy Aikman's rookie year had the Cowboys going 1-15, and he had a QB rating of 55!! Pretty sure Aikman's Cowboys went on to win 3 Superbowls shortly thereafter.

I think it's a little early to make bold statements about being "over hyped". 3 of the Skin's losses have come against the Giants (last years super bowl winner), the Steelers (always very good) and the Falcons (who are 8-0 this year).

#20     Nov 5, 2012