What's the best way to organize all your trading notes?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mizhael, Jul 1, 2011.

1. gmst

gmst

Very interesting post!!

Mark - are you willing to talk more about the different kinds of formats that you use everyday and how and in which format - you copy paste (store) information for easy retrieval at a later date?

Do you think you can give an example of the kind of stuff you save for any day?

Thanks v much.

#21     Mar 25, 2013
  2. I take tons and tons of notes from emails and from websites. Some of it regards trading and most of it regards alternative medicine. I copy stuff from the web to word, delete all the extraneous stuff like unnecessary pictures and formatting and then save it to various Google Docs filed away in various folders. The searchability of Docs almost foregoes the need for any organized storage at all.

I like two step authentication for all my docs. Some joker could get into my account and delete it all or mess it up somehow and I'd be out one entire library.. I should stop procrastinating with regard to some local backup.

#22     Mar 25, 2013
  3. what a waste of time.

#23     Mar 25, 2013
  4. I use CintaNotes. It is a free, lightweight and user-friendly note taking application. You can have links to files/images on your local disk in your notes. Supports web clipping and more.

#24     Mar 25, 2013