What's the best to trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Traber, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Traber

Traber

Futures, Stocks, Forex, or others??

I've been paper trading okay in futures and there are many benefits especially the 60/40 tax rate.

Just want to know what ETers like to trade and why

Point me to an old thread if this has been discussed already. I hear some different opinions

2. morreo

morreo

My favorite is to trade U.S. treasury futures.

You can honestly wait for a trend day just like today (and pretty much every day this week) and make literally thousands just sitting back.

3. Just started to trade the ZN the last few weeks along with ES and Gold. Pretty cool.

4. syspool

syspool

US treasuries are easy and profitable, as morreo said.

I love the Eurodollar (ED or GE). Trading it with 60 min charts for the past 4 months brought about 8 to 10 times the margin ($ 1'031/750) with about one (swing-)trade every 3 to 5 days. There is probably no easier way to make good money.

Trading minor forex pairs (not directly US$ related, like AUDCAD, AUDNZD, EURCHF) with 360 min charts and EMA10, MACD 24,52,18 is also easy and profitable trading.

Happy trading, Felix

5. Very interesting posts. One of the best posts I have read for a long time. I should look into these instruments. Thank you.

BTW: why do you think they are easy?

6. syspool

syspool

Easy because they are no-brainers to follow and trade. The ED for instance moves very smoothly with little drawdowns compared to some currency futures like the BP or lately the AD.

With the lately very jumpy US$ (DX), other major currencies have become even more jumpy like the BP, AD and to some degree the JY and SF. Hard to trade them and avoid a minor heart attack every now and then.

Trading ED and some Treasury futures involves taking one look at the charts once a day, decide to trade or not and make several 100% per month. Even yesterday's hicup of the ED was compensated by the preceding gains of the day.

Happy trading, Felix

7. wildkactus

wildkactus Guest

I like to trade commodity futures and stocks (only the top 100 or 200 stocks in a given market Currenlty ASX, LSE, NYSE, HKSE).

both these instruments to me show good liquidity and movement to trade my short term swings.

8. ourson

ourson

Hello everybody,

I am a Newbie and am also very much interested in finding which instruments are the best to trade. To be honest, Forex seems appealing and fees and commissions are lower than for equities and futures (although I might be very much wrong....) . What would you recommend for a newbie such as myself to start with?

Thanks in advance for all the feedback.

Good trading to y'all.

Ourson

9. Traber

Traber

That's why I started this thread.

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into these.

10. Thank you Felix. Excellent post! Also if I may ask: which broker(s) do you trade with, and what are the margin requirements? Thanks

#10     Jun 7, 2008