What's the BEST time to trade?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EMini-Player, Feb 27, 2003.

1. nitro! SOMETHINGS WRONG! I just checked and they are trading ES right now in the middle of the night!

You can buy the bid and sell the ask and pick up an extra tick. I guess that's night pay differential.

What am I gonna do if I win the lottery? Just for fun, wait until 2:00 am and sell 250 ES at the market.

#11     Feb 27, 2003
  2. The overnight session was originally set up to teach new traders how to use MACD. When the class is about ready to graduate, you can set up your favorite MACD and watch it go in a perfect smooth curve all the way from one end of the chart to the other.

#12     Feb 27, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

True, but last time I tried the night session, I stayed up until 3:30 AM CST only to have to get up 4 hours later to start the "normal" session. Fifteen years ago I could have done this. Today...

Funny you should mention 2:00 AM - I noticed that too, but closer to 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM CST.

nitro :(

#13     Feb 28, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

I have noticed that too...you know all the tricks...

nitro

#14     Feb 28, 2003
  5. prox

prox

I agree with those times also.

Afternoon is usually just mush , even after lunch.

#15     Feb 28, 2003
  6. 9.30-11am is best. 2.30-4pm is second best.

#16     Feb 28, 2003
  7. If you are day trading, check your intraday margin requirements and times. E.g. IB's are from 9:30 am to 3:45 EST.

If you don't have enough money in your account to cover the overnight margin, you most likely won't be able to execute your trades outside of the intraday window.

#17     Feb 28, 2003

8. This is hysterical! :D

I feel that way every time I wake up at 6 AM (PST) and get ready to trade, then I see that -

In spite of the fact I know it happened on light volume and that the 6 point move took ALL night, I still can't help but to feel like I really missed a nice trend move.

Paul

#18     Feb 28, 2003
  9. BSAM

BSAM

10:00 to 11:30 and 2:00 to 4:00.

And....IMHO if you only have one hour a day "trying to daytrade", don't even attempt it!

BSAM

#19     Feb 28, 2003
  10. Working can prevent you from daytrading and daytrading can prevent you from working, they don't go together very well at all.

#20     Feb 28, 2003