Whats the best tablet,convertible for outdoor trading ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Peternam, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Trader13

Trader13

I took the plunge and got myself this Toshiba Thrive tablet. My only hesitation was buying a WiFi-only tablet. But I decided that most of the places I would use it offer free WiFi anyway (e.g., airports, hotels, coffee shops, waiting rooms). And for those times when free WiFi is not nearby, I can simply turn on the WiFi hotspot feature of my cell phone and connect the tablet using WiFi teathering. I tested this and it works great. I'm in tablet heaven. :)

#11     Sep 23, 2011
  2. Dell makes a 7" device that looks cool but all it runs is some POS OS with childish apps; no windows and no windows applications.

#12     Sep 23, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

Dell made a giant sized phone that nobody wanted too... they specialize in cheap and massive delivery but product development, maybe not so much...

If I wanted to do business apps on a tablet I'd get a Lenovo that runs windoz..

#13     Sep 23, 2011
  4. Trader13

Trader13

Now that Amazon has released it's new Kindle, it's clearly no competition for the iPad or other full-size tablets. It has a 7" screen, which gives the impression of an oversized cell phone or an undersized tablet.

#14     Sep 28, 2011
  5. tit_head

tit_head

I'm waiting for the Asus Eee pad transformer 2. Love the docking idea with keyboard and its supposedly going to be running win 8.

#16     Oct 19, 2011

6. when is this model going to hit the market ?

#17     Oct 19, 2011
  7. tit_head

tit_head

#18     Oct 19, 2011
  8. #19     Oct 29, 2011