whats the best stock screener you guys ever used !!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AwkwardMoment, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ess1096

ess1096

Yes, at least the version of Trade Ideas that comes within Scottrade Elite will allow you to watch custom lists or the entire market. Including NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ, CME,TSX,TSX Venture and Indices. You can even select to see only ETFs or HOLDRS if you want.

#41     Jul 2, 2006
  2. BertH

BertH

This is exactly what I'm trying to research for as well.
    When I went to trade-ideas.com earlier (before seeing this post), it didn't seem too big on the idea of intraday scans. From reading on the site, it appeared to emphasize its post-market features (ie daily scanning, not intraday).
    I'll have to check it out again.

I'm looking for some kind of scanning that notifies if a particular candlestick pattern has formed, as well as screening for a certain percentage move up or down over a specific period.
    I read a few comments about IB being able to do some scanning, but I'm dubious it can handle this (I'm with IB, so that piqued my curiosity).

By the way, how about amibroker for such intraday scanning?

#42     Jul 2, 2006
  3. ess1096

ess1096

Trade Ideas will do both of these, intraday or post market. You can select from real time or a history (timeframe).
    However, you can only choose from the candlestick patterns it has on it's list and set up your own timeframe.

#43     Jul 3, 2006
  4. BertH

BertH

Trade Ideas does have some good stuff. Thanks.
    I think, though, am considering Amibroker, Sierra, or Investor RT for my needs. I'm looking for something that has charting and screening capabilities to go with the IB data feed.

#44     Jul 3, 2006
  5. Here's a good read from a trader called TraderMike interviewed by Stocks & Commodities. He's a intraday trader exclusively - holding no overnight positions. The online version below is a teaser, but the actual article in the magazine (I get a free subscription in the mail) mentions the tools he uses for scanning - trade-ideas

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Interview/interview.html

#45     Jul 5, 2006
  6. Aok

Aok

Bert

Ti can scan for the following candles and time frames:

5,10,15,30m

Doji
    Hammer
    Hanging man
    bullish engulfing
    bearish engulfing
    piercing pattern
    dark cloud cover

The end.

#46     Jul 5, 2006
  7. i use tymora pro to screen for stocks, when day trading.

i am very happy with this software and find it vastly superior to anything i have used in the past. the tapereading type functionality is untouchable. this software is made by a trader for traders, there is nothing like it on the market.

surfer

www.yourika.com

#47     Jul 5, 2006
  8. Aok

Aok

Surf,

I demo'd that but did not get deep into the scanner.

What can it do that you find useful?

#48     Jul 5, 2006

9. the tape reading automation is what i like the best.

it calculates the top 10 market makers in each stock and their activity at various price levels, and tracks the axe automatically advising of its selling/accumulating. it is able to discern when a group of MM's quickly shift positions to trick traders. it can do this across multiple stocks in real time, way more broad than even the best human tape readers. the order imbalance, and the cycle optimized overbought and oversold across multiple timeframes is another aspect i take advantage of---among many many more features. there is nothing out there that even comes close. here is the complete set of alerts:

http://www.yourika.com/YourikaTymoraOverview.pdf

enjoy,

surf

#49     Jul 5, 2006
  10. Aok

Aok

Thanks.

#50     Jul 6, 2006