whats the best stock screener you guys ever used !!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AwkwardMoment, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Bootsie

Bootsie

#31     Jun 28, 2006
  2. #32     Jun 28, 2006
  3. lundy

lundy

There are 2 types of screeners.

1 scans for daily statistics, like volume, range, up most, down most etc.

IB falls here, so do lots of packages tho. Prophetfinance java charts does this.

I consider this pretty elementary screening and you couldnt use it for intraday trade setups unless you watched each one.

The other type is the intraday setup scanner as found in tradeideas or realitytrader.

These are superior imo and more worth paying money for if you have to pay for your screener.

#33     Jun 28, 2006
  4. chris319

chris319

How do you know if any of these systems have been profitable in the past? Do you just trade them on blind faith?

#34     Jul 1, 2006
  5. Toonces

Toonces

A screener doesn't make trade recommendations. It just screens for criteria you're looking for...like maybe if you're already profitable trading stocks that gap up in the morning, you need a screeener to find out which ones are gapping right now.

#35     Jul 1, 2006
  6. Chagi

Chagi

I like Stockscores as well, though I have yet to sign up for a paid membership.

#37     Jul 1, 2006
  7. chris319

chris319

You can cross Stockworm off the list. Their last day was Friday, June 30. It was a great service, but sadly there weren't enough subscribers.

You can add Portfolio123 to the list. It has backtesting.

#38     Jul 2, 2006
  8. Anyone know of a real time intraday tick by tick scanner that can do the following?

1. Recognize custom candle patterns. (so it would allow you to specify the pattern to look for)
    2. Allow you to select specific time frames.
    3. Allow you to specify a group of individual stocks.
    4. Set different/specific scanning criterias for multiple frames and then have it alert you when all the criterias are met?
    5. Alert you prior to a signal triggering. Would be able to set a value like 0.03 prior to the signal for an alert.

The only one I can think of is Tradestation but I'm not sure if I could do everything on the list.

#39     Jul 2, 2006
  9. is Vectorvest any good?

#40     Jul 2, 2006