whats the best stock screener you guys ever used !!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AwkwardMoment, Apr 28, 2006.

1. eagle

eagle

Yes, that one is accurate and reliable since it's now a subsidiary of Dow Jones & Company and we knew Dow Jones is the famed WSJ. I wonder why they don't have a similar thing for realtime under subscription fee. It's very useful for developing a semi-automated system.

#21     May 19, 2006
  2. stock screeners a lot of u people gave me were either TA screeners or they didn't work at all lol where are the FA screeners or filters

#22     May 19, 2006
  3. Aok

Aok

Try Msn screener. Deluxe version. Not the basic one.

Most of the FA you want. Eod though.

For a true real time scanner that can do it all TA and FA you need to shell out big cash.

Only Insight and First Alert can do everything you want. Or a Whisper reseller who is willing to code just for you (ie $)

The best RT scanners/filters Ive used are in this order. Insight, Neoticker, First Alert, RadarScreen, Trading-Ideas.

There are very few programs that are true RT scanners. Many can filter. But you have to tell it what to filter first.

Eod? Depends on what you're trying to do. TC2000, Tradestation, Neoticker, Stockfetcher, Metastock. Many more.

#23     May 19, 2006
  4. Stockfetcher allows non-techies like myself to use plain boring language build a simple filter as well as complex features and functions for advanced users with a bent for some outlandish filters. They also have tons of pre-built screeners to get you up and running. In addition, there's so-called "interactive" candle screener that I like, with which you merely draw the shape of the candlestick pattern (i.e. engulfing, doji, etc.) to find the likely stocks that fit the pattern for that day. And all that for $8.95/mo. ain't bad at all.

#24     May 19, 2006
  5. IIAce

IIAce

Are there any screeners that can give me a list of stocks that are currently at a support or a resistance?

BTW, support and resistance don't have to be horizontal right? I need screeners that show stocks touching the line drawn connecting two previous highs for two previous lows.

#25     May 20, 2006
  6. #26     May 22, 2006
  7. gudway

gudway

Stockfetcher.com will do that but it is EOD.
    By the way look at END, it is at support (20 day chart)

#27     May 22, 2006
  8. Here's my 2 cents worth, hope this helps someone.
    I spend a VERY long time searching for the best intraday scanner. I tried a lot of services and didn't find anything that would answer my needs. That is until i stumbled across prorealtime. They charge about 70$ a month and what was most important to me - it is possible to scan the entire Nasdaq. The drawback is that they are based in Europe so the data feed for Nasdaq is a little slower than for example eSignal's. If you looking for trades in a timeframe longer than 1 minute then I think this is the best scanner out there.
    www.prorealtime.com

Good luck!

#28     Jun 26, 2006
  9. Yes, it looks like a piece .. of cake.

#29     Jun 27, 2006
  10. BCE

BCE

MetaStock Pro is a live screener too with all sorts or indicators. Really a lot. :) Like you say, depends on what you want to screen for.

#30     Jun 27, 2006