Whats the best platform for ES trading?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Dominic, May 20, 2006.

1. w99

w99

scalper21

For an independent trader doing around 2500 RTs monthly, which clearing firms would you recommend? Presumably, financial strength would be one of your main selection criteria.

Thx.

#21     Jun 5, 2006
  2. Velocity is great for Xtrader and they are an fcm.

#22     Jun 5, 2006
  3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Not sure it's a good news...

The best is NINJA with TT or Zen Fire (high speed) data feed and static dome

....and great charts!.. for 50$ per month

Lorenzo

#23     Jun 5, 2006
  4. The Cme's data subscription is not bad. News and charting for about 65. I used it for about three months. Now I'm just using IB and 5 minute charts. But if you want tick data its by far the cheapest.

#24     Jun 5, 2006
  5. I'm still waiting for a response to trader's question. I think what the author of this post as well as many other traders want to know is are there any Prop like futures trading firms/platforms.

#25     Jun 5, 2006

6. I have used Velocity/Xtrader in the past and I had exceptional order/fills speed and I never had any technical problems - their rates were good too. I used Trademaven for the backtesting of ideas with Transact feed. Well, like a dummy I had moved everything over to TM/Transact as they were working great for everything I was doing at the time - then TM and the various datafeeds they used all started having lots of technical problems, so I am looking to move on with only using TM for my new concepts backtesting.

So how does Ninja work with TT or Zen Fire - who would the broker be?

Thanks

#26     Jun 5, 2006
  7. I will talk to vCap today to check out their NinjaTrader set up with Zen-fire.

#27     Jun 6, 2006
  8. ================

Yes IB has charts, Tek analysis tools like moving averages , envelope, LarryWilliams % if you like that,psar.....;
    as always have back up charts:cool:

#28     Jun 6, 2006
  9. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Proactive futures has the lowest commissions for low volume traders

They clear thru FC stone and Dorman

Let me know what they (vCap) charge per R/T

Lorenzo

#29     Jun 6, 2006
  10. I had a great discussion with Paul at vCap yesterday and he showed me a demonstration of the NinjaTrader platform with TT and Zen-fire feed - everything looked really good for what I am doing.

If anyone wants to talk to Paul just send me a pm and I will give you his cell# plus some other information he passed on to me - looks like a good platform and set-up.

#30     Jun 7, 2006