What's the best indicator?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sbn, Jan 11, 2006.

1. charmy

charmy

IMHO the best indicator is price.

#11     Jan 11, 2006
  2. Yeah price is good. Specifically pace.

What's with charmmy kitty anyways? I thought it was some korean ripoff but my wife says it's legit.

#12     Jan 11, 2006
  3. lcw

lcw

Price itself is and price alone.
    S/R are the basic building block of natural price patterns that are always there on the charts, to be exploited by anyone who knows how.
    Trade from the naked chart without those lagging indicators covering all over price action. :D

#13     Jan 11, 2006
  4. The question is so flawed, that an answer is of course impossible.

It reminds me of questions that are asked in philosophy, which are equally flawed. Do we have a soul? What is life?

It is the merit of Wittgenstein, that today we know, we should ask better questions.

Infact there are more some striking paralells between the philosophy of language and trading. Language is always used in a certain context. The same is true for an indicator. An overbought CCI can mean something completely different in a trending phase than in a nontrending phase and so on.

What is your timeframe? What do you want to measure? If you don't know the answers to these questions you should do your homework, otherwise Indicators will never tell you anything.

#14     Jan 11, 2006
  5. ===========
    Illiquid/wife;

Yes it is and its legit to look a a series of prices;
    trendlines/ma are also'' legit'' when it comes to underlining price,
    --------------------------------
    & overlining price
    -------------------------------------------------------------------:cool: :cool:

#15     Jan 11, 2006
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

what he said, the key thing is you gotta own it, its behave is reliable and predictable, it is like a robot, always give the same signal for the same set up day after day.

#16     Jan 11, 2006
  7. The Best indicator out of all of them comes form the Merc. essentially throughout the day there will be sirens and bells going off. To use the indicators properly, follow these rules precisely:

1. Buy on Bell

2. Sell on Siren

#17     Jan 12, 2006
  8. I prefer leading indicators most of all.

#18     Jan 12, 2006
  9. #19     Jan 12, 2006
  10. Bollinger bands are useless imo: u can see possible entry/exit but only at times and on insight (after the fact).

I use 20EMA, 50EMA and 100EMA: good for any time frame.

MACDs also is pretty reliable.

#20     Jan 12, 2006