What's the best futures for a beginner to trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Mar 12, 2013.

1. rt454

rt454

If only I could find a way to short this market :D

#21     Mar 13, 2013
  2. cornix

cornix

Would recommend NQ or YM. Small tick size and enough liquidity/volatility. Almost non-existent slippage. Move much better during RTH (when US stock market is open).

#22     Mar 14, 2013
    Teycir likes this.
  3. Don't listen to those posters who registered in 2001.

Think about it: If they started trading that early, they should be really rich by now and there is no need for them to stay on the internet searching for truth. If they are still lurking on the internet, they are mostly likely failed traders, non-traders, brokers in disguise, scammers, con artists, mentally unstable.......

Also, don't take any advice from anyone on ET. They don't know anything, nothing good is free.

You have to pay for truth. My offer is 30k. I will tell you the holy grail.

#23     Mar 14, 2013
  4. You already gave it away for free.

"Don't take any advice from anyone on ET. They don't know anything"

#24     Mar 14, 2013
  5. some of us use to post back then under a different handle

back then I was a hardcore scalper

sometimes, I wish I could do it again

but that's a young man's game

#25     Mar 14, 2013
  6. usrx201

usrx201

Free info and videos here on daytrading futures:

http://www.bigmiketrading.com/beginners-introductions/23361-introductory-trading-videos.html

Are you looking to day trade or trying to swing trade futures?

If you don't need a futures account you can daytrade the SPY instead or use options or weekly options to daytrade the big movers, i.e. AAPL, GOOG, NFLX.

This guy sells options on futures (farther out expirations):
    http://www.bigmiketrading.com/commodities-futures-trading/12309-selling-options-futures.html

#26     Mar 14, 2013
  7. Insider78

Insider78

Nice to meet you "oldtime"

I am Insider78. There are two people who can give you the right education. The first is the best day trader/scalper and the second is the best swing trader. All of their information and strategies are on the internet. You can use it for free. Maybe the education is not the appropriate word for this type of information which you need. Maybe is better to say "the right direction". All after is your responsibility. I mean that using thus information - you have to spend months, years preparing your self for the real game. There are trend or consolidation periods on the market. You must have strategies for both. This two guys are world famous - Al Brooks and Linda Rashke. Personally - I use their strategies.

Best Regards
    "Insider78"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
    #27     Aug 5, 2016