What's the best futures for a beginner to trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Mar 12, 2013.

1. not only that, I just got a job at goldman sachs, they gave me a 500 million account. I will glady give you 250 million if you teach me how to trade. They said that would be cool.

#11     Mar 13, 2013
  2. maybe I should just diversify and give everybody that wants to teach me how to trade 50%. One of them might hit it big.

#12     Mar 13, 2013
  3. at anyrate, notice how these dumbasses that start these threads, never ever reply again? oh well, they get us going.

I know nothing about advanced trading

but I know everything about beginning trading

#13     Mar 13, 2013
  4. rt454

rt454

There is a lot of truth in your post. I will teach him to trade and I will only charge him 1/2 of his account -$1 so I am giving him a better deal! :D

#14     Mar 13, 2013

5. maybe there is no advanced trading.

#15     Mar 13, 2013
  6. You just lowered the asking price and narrowed the spread, or/and possibly lowered the his bidding price (if he has one). :D

ok, my new offer: 30k minus $2.

#16     Mar 13, 2013
  7. There is just so much wrong with this. First, if trading is exciting, you're either doing it wrong, risking too much or have a need to punish yourself. You can have a passion for the markets, but once you start looking to trading for excitement, the end is not far away.

All your questions could be answered by a couple of hours of basic research. Why would you take the opinions of total strangers instead? Whatever.

I would suggest doing extensive backtesting on several markets. Trade the one you do best with. Or paper trade. One contract only until you are making consistent money. I repeat, one contract only.

Whatever market you trade, you need to be aware of the major data releases. They can leave a painful mark.

Many here use IB. It is not for people who need handholding. Their customer service is a little different from what you will get at Fidelity or Schwab. You shouldn't be trading futures if you need handholding however.

Tax reporting is one of the advantages of futures. The broker gives you a 1099 with a profit or loss number and that is all youhave to report to the IRS. Futures also qualify for 60/40 tax treatment.

No one is going to teach you how to trade or take you under their wing. You can pay people who will pretend to, but if they were any good, would they be teaching?

There are important fundamentals anyone can tell you however. Understand what your time frame is. Trade in the direction of the trend from the next higher time frame. Cut losses quickly and let profits run. Understand the key levels.

I would take your 60k stake and divide it in half. Put half in a bank account or somewhere you cannot access it for trading. If (when) you lose the other half, you can then make a decision if you want to continue.

#17     Mar 13, 2013
  8. I'll cut you a deal on your tuition , I only need 25k it's a one time deal just because your such a great guy. :cool: :p :D The vultures have arrived.

#18     Mar 13, 2013
  9. gmst

gmst

It seems a price war has started. OP - my offer is 22k - pay me in cash on day 1. :)

#19     Mar 13, 2013
  10. emg

emg

subscribe any educational/system vendors and go thru the cycle

[​IMG]

$60K is consider small trader

More than 90% of small traders lose! They just lose!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-seen-profiting-at-small-firm-expense-1-.html

[​IMG]

#20     Mar 13, 2013