What's the best futures broker for eminis?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by liltrdr, Apr 2, 2002.

1. That would be internal, and they would sell you out if you did not have the margin, not an exchange bust.

Are we all talking about the same thing? I got here an hour early because my wife reset the clocks wrong for daylight saving time, I think maybe I am still asleep.

#51     Apr 8, 2002
  2. def

def Sponsor

I mentioned busted trades as an example of something that can happen when a system is down but executions take place.

the audit trail knows the status of an order before a system crash. It obviously does not know what happened with the order if a system goes down.

not to run away from this one but I am signing out for the night.

#52     Apr 8, 2002
  3. just21

just21

How much are the cme fees for trading the emini per contract? How much do these go down if you have an electronic membership and how much does an electronic membership to buy or rent?

thanks

#53     May 10, 2002
  4. I've been looking for a future's broker the past 3 days and am amazed that nobody can compete with IB in the futures side with the 2.40$ commish.

Main rub seems to be system failure and inability to get trade desk to close out positions in event of crash. Most "solutions" seems to be to get a backup broker to take you out of the trade in case IB goes down. Has anyone implemented or considered putting on options positions to hedge this kind of crash risk as well as any other external events. I figured instead of using 2 brokers , use some of the $ gained in commission savings to buy puts and call on the emins or surrogate thereof. So even if TWS goes down you know that you are covered 5 handles up or down. The main reason for this route is that if you trade actively enough and system crashes, odds favor that the crash happen at time of order submission rendering trader clueless whether he/she is long,short or flat.

Any counterpoints? insights?

#55     May 13, 2002