What's the best futures broker for eminis?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by liltrdr, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Yes, for both if held overnight. Possible exception is both brokers use same clearing firm; takes clout.

Yes, multiples of 5 are fungible, that will work on a phone order regardless of technical problems; however all brokers don't trade the full contact. i.e. IB, last I heard.

You would have to know your position though, not always possible.

#21     Apr 4, 2002
  2. Stevet,

I do see "hiccups" from time to time but in no way do I see the downtime that I see reported from PATS. None are perfect for sure --- but I have tried most if not all. There are days that other friends of mine on PATS will tell me of their woes, and yes there are days that I have headaches as well but from where I am (Boca Raton) they are few and far between.

I prefer not to use Java based order execution because over the years I have not found it to be as reliable. (this goes for my stock intraday trading too)

As far as eSignal, yes I do use it. I have used their charting for years and am very satisfied. Rarely any downtime compared to quote.com, which I like to use but have found to be unreliable. I have also used Bridge Plus and FutureSource and I just keep coming back to eSignal.

thecigargirl

#22     Apr 5, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

thecigargirl

what charting do you use with esignal

#23     Apr 5, 2002
  4. woooow !!!
    IB has activated my account finally!
    Probably the miracle was due to Def .
    Thank you Def.

Have a nice day!
    :D :D :D

#24     Apr 5, 2002
  5. def

def Sponsor

a little push never hurts. FYI, the delay had to due with EU rules (all european customers now go through IB UK) in regards to money laundering. Certain docs needed to be rec'd and signed off by compliance.

#25     Apr 5, 2002
  6. Steve,
    this looks to me like an answer to some question by thecigargirl.
    Do you remember, what was thecigargirl´s question ?

#26     Apr 5, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

fx trader

must be earlier somewhere - no idea where

why - do u want to light her cigar?

#27     Apr 5, 2002

8. thecigargirl

Only one post. Did we have some big brother editing going on?

#28     Apr 5, 2002
  9. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

many advertising on this thread. the title is calling for trouble. I suggested to avoid flat out advertising in favor of valuable info, that instead of just closing the thread.

#29     Apr 5, 2002
  10. stevet

I use the Esignal Equities with an E-Mini add on ($10 exchange fee). It's perfect for what I need (intraday charts for stocks and E-Minis) and inexpensive.

thecigargirl

#30     Apr 5, 2002