whats the best assault rifle in the world???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mgrund, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Blood lust, and you wonder why the rest of world hates you?:D

#21     Jul 26, 2012
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm getting ready to buy one Saturday. Can't wait! And yes, if you want a rifle that will take abuse, mud, dirt, sand, etc., and still function every time, this one is a good choice IMO. And for CQB? Wow! Makes an AR, and AK jealous IMO.

Talk about taking care of zombies in or around your house! Ooh rah!

#22     Jul 27, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Every time I see this thread title I think, "the closest one".

#23     Jul 27, 2012
  4. jem

jem

For my first entry into the field of firearms ownership, I bought a mossberg shotgun for home protection.

It was pretty cheap and on sale I did not do any research. I have not picked it up yet.

I have 4 young kids... what do you think is the best trade off in terms of family safety vs family safety.

At the moment I am and ammo in a separate very locked place.

Of course does me little good with an intruder.

#24     Jul 27, 2012
  5. That's not a bad choice by any means. Just be aware that 12 gauge shot, particularly buckshot, can penetrate several layers of drywall very easily, so you have to be very careful about where you fire it in an emergency.

I don't like having unloaded guns around with the ammo hidden away, but you have valid concerns with your kids. One solution might be to get one of those biometric gun safes that open when you put your hand on them. Your hand only. I think they are designed to hold handguns, but you could probably store shotgun shells in them.

#25     Jul 27, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

Jem, make sure you teach your kids about guns and gun safety and pound into them that they are not to touch your gun without your permission. At least not until they are a certain age and thoroughly know and practice gun safety.

#26     Jul 27, 2012
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Jem,

You're in possession of the absolute best home defense round that has ever been made IMO.

The way you're storing it? Well, it's basically a glorified stick as you'll never, ever be able to have it ready to protect your family the way you're going.

Buy 00 .12g (look this up) you don't need buckshot that's made for hunting, birds, rabbits, squirrel, etc.,

Practice with it on the range, and practice going through your home with it.

It probably came with a free child lock, and for now, would be easier for you to load it,, then run the child lock cable through the action. If you need it fast, get the lock out of the action, and you're ready to go. Takes seconds.

There are tons of other locks you can get that are keyless trigger locks, even biometric stuff like AAinthebeltway pointed out. Yes, these biometric safes are very cool!

Last, you'll need to train the kids so they know what to do when they see a gun: don't touch it; find an adult.

#27     Jul 28, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Jem,

After thinking more about your four kids, and you being new to guns, I really think you should consider a small safe. You can put it in your closet, etc., and sleep well knowing you don't have your shotgun out in the open with a trigger, or action lock only.

If I were you, I'd go with this without a second thought: http://www.amazon.com/Barska-Quick-Access-Biometric-Rifle/dp/B005FDIUPE

Aainbeltway made a good point with biometric, and I agree.

Keep in mind the above safe isn't for keeping scumbag burglars from prying it open with a cro-bar. It's for keeping your kids safe, and allowing you instant access if needed. I'm so sure of the above safe, I just ordered one for myself as on occasion my Nieces and Nephews chase each other through the house being from 3-8 yrs old.

I was getting tired of having to police up all the dangerous stuff, and carry it to the Liberty safe in the basement. This safe, and the one made for handguns should make it nice. The kids can run around (with supervision, of course), while I can relax a little knowing everything is locked away, but damn close if needed.

#28     Jul 28, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

"best" is somewhat subjective and it would at least partly depend on how you plan on using it. though not known for it accuracy the AK-47 is simple to operate fires no matter is cheap to produce and proliferates the world over along with it's ammunition.

in an end of civilization type of scenario, assuming you don't have stockpiles of ammo for your favorite rifle, an AK 47 would probably be the best choice all things considered.

I own a Springfield Armory M1A. It's more of a main battle rifle though.

#29     Jul 29, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Below average intelligence and stupidity, and you wonder why much of the west has no respect for you?

#30     Jul 29, 2012