whats the best assault rifle in the world???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mgrund, Jul 24, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I thought he was "IQ47". :D

#11     Jul 25, 2012
  2. It's appropriate considering his fanboy obsession.

#12     Jul 25, 2012
  3. Meanwhile denner the troll trolling with insults ...again

#13     Jul 25, 2012
  4. You thought Obama would be off the GA election ballot because of the birther nonsense.You thought fast and furious would be Obamas watergate . You thought The SC would overturn Obamacare

#14     Jul 25, 2012
  5. O would be sorely disappointed to know that his number one fanboy uses AK47 as his alias.

#15     Jul 25, 2012

6. :p :p :p :p :p :p

:cool:

#16     Jul 25, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

It doesn't meet the strict definintion of "assault rifle" but I have a Springfield M1A and like it. Its got a very simple firing mechanism and it shoots with a very flat trajectory. I can comfortably hit targets at a pretty respectable distance with standard iron sights and it has alot of power (.308 or 7.62x51mm).

The marines employed it with an auto receiver as the M-14 in Vietnam before it was replaced by the M-16. It was very reliable and the only real complaint in the field was that the ammunition was rather heavy to carry and the weapon is somewhat heavy as well.

I guess it is considered to be a "main battle rifle" but would be my choice of weapon in a SHTF scenario. With some modern optics it is a formidable weapon. Out here in California we are limited to 10-round magazines so I have vest to hold a large number of mags and Springfield sells mags at a deep discount at the time you purchase the rifle. A nice sling is almost a mandatory accessory for a rifle this heavy.

Of all of the rifles mentioned so far in this thread the M1A probably has the best utility for penetrating various materials, stopping vehicles and for long range work.

#17     Jul 26, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agree completely! Btw, what u think of one like this for CQB? http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=m7f5ak77u#/watch?v=a6ybkiUl30Q
    I like this one!

#18     Jul 26, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

LOL! OMG that is sweet!

I love the carbine versions (I have a standard model). So much gun in such a small package. Did you notice what it did to those cinderblocks? Freaking amazing.

#19     Jul 26, 2012
  10. This is what I love about the basement, you do not fear censorship, so your true feeling can rise up.:)

#20     Jul 26, 2012