What's the best application of technical analysis?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kut2k2, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ====================

Kut2k2;

''NO free trial '' , thats a big warning flag, compare that to ;
    $7.99 used or 50.oo plus book with money back track record.

Used something like NN for a while [free trial], but wouldnt want to coment favorable on it because they didnt stay in business long enoiugh .

Some of the better TA has been battle tested much,like;
    William O Neil
    Jack Schwager top traders
    Benard Baruch
    Charles Dow,1851, nickname'' The Grandfather of TA''

:cool:

#11     Jul 14, 2005
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Thanks to all who've commented so far. :)

Regarding Jurik, his website is far from the worst trading/TA website I've been to, but I have arrived at mixed reviews on his indicators.

Case in point, the grandaddy: JMA. While I still think the core of the indicator is sound, I have come to the conclusion that the "PHASE" (inertia) parameter is more of a marketing gimmick than an actual useful tool. Jurik himself says "inertia has nothing to do with noise reduction" so wtf.

#12     Jul 14, 2005
  3. Come on guys. Stop looking to find that almighty system and create it. Lazy chum.

#13     Jul 14, 2005
  4. Yeah, it depends what you do with it. JMA is actually OK, don't think much of his other tools for sale though.

#14     Jul 14, 2005
  5. technical analysis has some good applications in trading, but as for your question what is the BEST application:

the best application of technical analysis is to write books and give seminars about it, and buck a lot of cash from these.

#15     Jul 18, 2005
  6. Who said that? Yogi Berra... I like it!:p

#16     Jul 18, 2005
  7. That really is an uninformed response. That is like saying that every technical advancement that has been made in the last 50 years was done under the guise of writing a book or seminar to make profit from it.

#17     Jul 19, 2005
  8. Most people see a neural network as a miraculous solution.
    They think you only have to push a button and wait a few days until all the calculations are done and the correct answer will be given.
    That's completely wrong.
    A neural network is a tool. If you don't know how to use it it's useless.
    I have a neural network. 450 pages of the manuals were filled with how you have to prepare the correct sets of data. The whole system stays or falls with the data you put in. 90% of the people on this forum are probably not able to put the right set of data in the computer to have a chance of getting something useful out of it.

#18     Jul 19, 2005
  9. This goes to a great phrase I once heard and use often since:

(my signature below).

Technology that makes it easier for you to make decisions is good and required - tools like www.trade-ideas.com are an example - but it should replace what goes on in a trader's head.

#19     Jul 19, 2005

10. That's what it does; that's why it doesn't work.
    :D

For those who don't understand what i mean:
    successful traders don't need it; unsuccessful traders don't have anything valuable going on in their heads. So for them the system doesn't work.

#20     Jul 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.