what's the benefit of prop vs retail?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by acerbits, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Havn't had a problem with them, don't really want to get used to a new platform.

#31     Jun 1, 2007
  2. FLY7788

FLY7788

You sound a little ignorant

#32     Jun 1, 2007
  3. Is that a serious question lol :)

#33     Jun 1, 2007
  4. I'm slowing moving from stocks/options to futures, that will solve any needs for additional leverage :).

#34     Jun 1, 2007
  5. in your mind

#35     Jun 2, 2007
  6. timcar

timcar

Mr. optioncoach you are posting STRONG but WRONG my man.

You said "Plenty of firms payout weekly". WRONG!!! To be correct to everyone reading this thread "Prop vs Retail" a few firms pay weekly or (like a job) twice a month. MOST prop firms payout monthly. CORRECT!!!! Nothing wrong with monthly payout as long as all traders are aware of it and of course budget accordingly.

STRONG but WRONG again Mr. optioncoach.
    You said "If that is true for your prop then switch"

This thread was "Prop vs Retail" not (if your prop firm does something you hate then just switch). Again one of the benefits about retail is PAYOUT when you want.

#36     Jun 2, 2007
  7. If there is a half dozen good traders then... the learning aspect.

If you don't have funds then... the access to capital.

If you know how to trade and have capital probably only negative factors.

#37     Jun 2, 2007
  8. What got your panties in a bunch there kitten?

There are many props where you simply put your capital in and trade and they are not buckets alluring you with no money down and 50% split of profits. This is not a job at all so you do not understand the nature of what a prop can be, all you know are props that "hire"traders. Lots of props out there where you put all your own money in, get 100% of your profits and can sweep cash weekly. If all you know are these starter props then I can see why your opinion is ignorant. Bright and VTrader pay out weekly for traders who put up their money and want leverage and lower fees and want the prop to simply clear and execute and stay out of the way. They are not the only ones like that.

Moreover my response about switching props was to a specific set of posters complaining about monthly payouts. If you are fully capitalized and getting 100% profits then no need to stick with a firm that pays monthly.

This does not apply to amatuers at props who only walk in putting $5k with crappy profit splits and fees and are looked on as employee chattel.

So be an ass elsewhere since you are way off on your information.

#38     Jun 2, 2007
  9. It seems most people are listing benefits of prop over retail. What about retail's advantages? I only saw 2 advantages listed.

#39     Jun 3, 2007
  10. as a newbie to this thread and site [as a poster ]could someone please clarify what is in it for prop firms such as bright etc who apparently don't take a split of the profits you generate. Do they make enough just out of a revenue split on coms. If,as i understand it, they let you loose on some of their capital after a smallish input from you then what is their angle? thanks for any pointers

#40     Jun 3, 2007