what's the benefit of prop vs retail?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by acerbits, Jun 1, 2007.

1. GGSAE

GGSAE

It sounds like you want a trading environment just for a different setting...in which case you could turn your garage into an office to accomodate a group of traders.

#11     Jun 1, 2007
  2. Was that after they made millions trading for a firm or on the floor :D. At that point living in a mansion I would trade from home too lol.

#12     Jun 1, 2007
  3. timcar

timcar

Possible benefits from retail:
    1. No $200 month desk fee charged to your account.

2. Payout whenever you want. No one month wait time.

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. minmike

minmike

I go to an office... but I'm the only one there. Because rent is less than I would have to pay to get a T1 run to my home.

When I traded around people I used ear plugs. If you need an office to be disciplined, you probably still won't be disciplined enough.

#14     Jun 1, 2007
  5. If that is true for your prop then switch cause not all props have desk fees or make you wait monthly for checks.

#15     Jun 1, 2007
  6. FWIW, our traders can have money deposited directly into their checking account twice a week if they want to. Why would anyone limit when you can take your own money out? I can see it if you're on a "payroll" of some sort, but to draw your own money out, seems unfair to have to wait.

And, the $200 is fully rebated every month as long as you trade 200K shares, which is a really low number for full time traders. My opening only trades account for twice that number alone.

Don :confused:

#16     Jun 1, 2007
  7. timcar

timcar

Nice to know at least one Prop firm has a weekly payout plan.
    It seems that many of these ($5000 down deposit Prop firm) do have only monthly payout schedules.

A Prop firm was so proud said: "we have never missed a scheduled payout" or something like "our traders have always been paid". Thats good to know at least.

Then reviewed their schedule and noticed:
    Traders receive their payouts BY the 20th of the next month.
    So if I make $5,000 on a good trade say on June 4 will not receive money until July 20 the whole next month. :eek: Not Good.

At retail at least get money once trade is settled.

#17     Jun 1, 2007
  8. ssss

ssss

Nana Trader

I know guys who were trading from home, and glued to PC all day, while trading from an office remove this temptation, giving you chance to do something else with your life when market closes.

I have plan to do it as soon as i can afford it, because trading from home sounds very unprofessional to me at least
    ####################################

Depend from operator tactic -

For day trader better lease office or flat/house
    near exchange to have advantage of speed

If operator is not day trader ,have good capital he can meet
    good multiple( fiber,wireless and satellite) connection to he's 4-5 room flat(or yacht) and make from one room very professional office with any kind of computer ,multiple display and all
    that what can you see by GS trading room

Argumentation of team work ,which used from Don Bright
    related to broadly mass psyhology ,but not to top performer's

More of them this argumentation related to profit of Don Bright company and each another company as JPM,GS,GE -all which you wish ,where top position would hold by some person
    10-20 years and exist demand for multiple empl,which would
    work for company and for CEO of this company .

Most of population of each country (Usa,Japan,Russia,
    Germany &) loved this kind of team work .

Source of this love -influence work of Aristotel ("Homo sapiens
    is social person") and integration of this dogmat in religion
    from Thomas of Aquin .
    By not christ countries as Japan ,China -influence of Confucij

By socialst countries as Udssr was or China ,influence
    of Marx (collectiv) ,which alsov essentialy plagiat from Aristotel
    and jews religion (Marks -100% jews ,Lenin -25% jews blood)

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. It's not a "payout" if it is YOUR MONEY, that is just not right. You are running your own business, and those who run their own business can take money out whenever they like (as long as you follow the basic minimum account guidelines).

We simply limit it to twice a week because we have so many traders that want money all the time it gets a bit laborious on our accounting staff.

Now, to be fair, if you are under a salary plan, then of course the "employer" can set pay dates.

Don

#19     Jun 1, 2007
  10. timcar

timcar

Yes Don you are right, once a week payout GREAT. One should be able to survive that long.

However, some of these Prop firms seem to treat traders bad and do not allow trader fairly quick payouts on his own money.

Its the traders money, he made it, Prop firm should be glad trader made money, give the man his money next week, hope/pray trader can continue to make money. BUT do not hold traders money he made an ENTIRE MONTH.

#20     Jun 1, 2007