What’s the beef with the new Gillette ad?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Jan 15, 2019.

1. UsualName

UsualName

I thought this was a great message but people are flipping out as if bullying and sexual harassment are some right of passage for boys.

If you haven’t seen it, here it is:

2. The message is 100% spot on but I think coming from Gillette...during the Super Bowl...people are probably like STFU and make me laugh for the 3 minutes until the next play haha.

Also I think the movement may be applied to all men and those less than confident men are taking offense.

3. Yeah, it's a good one but, I bet some progressives will be as harsh with it as the men's right bigots and chauvinists will. they want to sell razors by jumping on the #metoo bandwagon and trying to coopt a social media movement for commercial purposes. but at the end, as you said there's the message, which is 'fuck toxic masculinity' or, with more civility, teach your children well, their father's hell will slowly go away by, teach them to be humans who don't need to denigrate others.
    that's worth a couple of razors and some shaving cream. even though everyone knows that real men have beards.

4. Here is the problem:

[​IMG]

So Piers comment is kind of weird....let boys be boys which is exemplified in the video by bullying, grabbing women, fighting, sexual harrassment.

Piers should be skull fucked. He should be forced to repay the oxygen he consumes.

constitutionman likes this.
  5. TJustice

TJustice

Some have been so indoctrinated by group think that some of you all don't see the trees in the forest nor do you even see the real forrest. You all are just seeing a image of a fake forrest

You don't realize how offensive the whole idea of toxic masculinity is, even though when reversed your side is quick to say you can't judge a group by the extremists.

I can not believe any thinking man does not understand this whole idea of toxic masculinity is an attempt by the elites to turn us and our sons into cooperative drones.

Masculinity is no more toxic than femininity. Its who we are. We have outliers but men are men and woman are women. You have problems with a particular group at least what you can do is start by dropping your idea of cultural relativism and call out groups.

Piers is exactly right.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    traderob, fan27, Wallet and 3 others like this.
  6. The ad is focused on specific behaviors - bullying, sexual harrassment, how you treat others.

It does not say men should not play sports, get dirty, have a beer, curse at the ref, hang with the boys.

Men are not supposed to bully and sexual harass...if it is, I hope a female member of your family never suffers at men being men.

7. Shut the fuck up, you are nothing more than a dickless trump ball washer, putin's cockholster who sucks at grammar. there it goes, some toxic masculinity for you, enjoy!

exGOPer and destriero like this.
  8. TJustice

TJustice

toxic leftism yes. Not toxic masculinity. What is even funnier is a sock puppet is tell someone else to shut up.

Plus, you are dead ass wrong.

I call out Trump all the time. Many times I have said he was self indicting for not doing what he promised. I have complimented him on his court picks and perhaps a few other things. But, I was and am very critical he did not create and push for a replacement of Obamacare. I was very critical of his tax plan. He let himself be rolled by the republican establishment and did not follow through on the agenda which got him elected.

9. TJustice

TJustice

Would you say the ad was focusing on the idea of toxic masculinity?

By the way the idea that kids should not be wrestling around in the grass goes against nature. Its fricken stupid and unnatural and probably does some harm. (Just lay the ground rules that you can't go after faces.)

Boys need to learn that there is pecking order (in reality) no matter how much some in govt would like to legislate it away. And if you don' like the pecking order you have to develop you overall character and body.

traderob likes this.
  10. RRY16

RRY16

Aren’t you the chap who’s afraid to take your son and his female friends out on your boat?

#10     Jan 15, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.