whats so great about bloomberg

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradinpat, Aug 18, 2002.

1. I have heard that for many trading positions you need experience with bloomberg tradebook. Does anyone have experience with Bloobmerg and if so whats so great about it?

2. MrDinky

MrDinky

Bloomberg rocks! It has everything, and I mean every kind of information you can think of. If they don't you suggest it and they'll usually add the features. If you're stuck somewhere, just send them a message, they'll call back within minutes and walk you thru what you need to know. If you're not familiar with the service and you live in a major metro area they usually offer training classes and they're included with the service.

Only thing weak about Bloomberg is their charts - they're the same ones you see on Bloomberg television. Plus, getting proficient means remembering the different four-letter commands to get the info you need, but again they've got a strong help department.

No I don't work for them.

:cool:

3. how much does their service cost/month?

4. bone

bone

$1500 per month. Worth every penny.

5. Bloomberg is basically for institutions.
    If you are a Home based Day Trader you are nuts to spend
    $ 1,500 to use them.

6. (except for the $1500 a month) I'm a buy and hold trader and just starting out in daytrading.

7. bone

bone

I'm a home-based trader and I spend $1500 per month on a Bloomberg. I am nuts. I support my home and my family from trading.

8. def

def Sponsor

bone, if i'm not mistaken you're a bond trader. there is info on bloomberg that you need.

for most day traders, those that are scalping in and out stocks, most of the info on bloomberg is overkill and you'll be better off with a decent charting/news pacakge.

with that said, i do rely on bloomberg for news, dividend info, historical prices and private messages from brokers.

9. bone

bone

YEP.

10. Reuters Markets Monitor is good for macro news, and is well priced as $US200 per month.

#10     Aug 18, 2002