What's REALLY Wrong With America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Jebus H Christ; how about choose and chosen there Mr. <s>Genius</s> dumb ass? (not to mention eyerone)

#21     Dec 16, 2010
  2. How's the birther thing coming along, Scat?

#22     Dec 16, 2010
  3. Interesting article and I agree with much of it. However, I think it misses the root cause of our delima. It's not our intellect, it's a lack of character that has paved the road to ruin. We can't think our way out of this problem. That's not to say there's no room for some high brow ideas, there is. It's just that in and of itself won't be enough.
    I also think we can source a good deal of this issue to the 24/7 media cycle. They fan the flames, pour gas on the fire, all day, everyday. By the end of it, we hate each other.

#23     Dec 16, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

How's the weather up there in your part of Canada today Gabby?

#24     Dec 16, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#25     Dec 18, 2010
  6. TGregg

TGregg

#26     Dec 21, 2010
  7. #27     Dec 21, 2010
  8. TGregg

TGregg

We'll always have one guy standing up for (re)election saying we can spend our brains out now and have somebody else pay for it. And we'll always have a lot of people buy into it. Look at ponzi schemes that still continue even in this country. How #@&^ing stooopid does one need to be to know that any "risk-free" investment that returns double digits has to be bad news? But people line up for this thing every day.

We've suffered a serious decline in our abiltiy for critical thought. Used to be that if you did something dumb, you suffered for it. And you could do something so dumb that you'd starve to death or come to a significant level of harm. There were real penalties for being a moron. Now we have so many safety nets that life is just made up of wiffle balls in an inflatable playtoy.

Eventually one can make the world so perfectly safe that it becomes astonishingly dangerous.

#28     Dec 21, 2010
  9. Banjo

Banjo

"Eventually one can make the world so perfectly safe that it becomes astonishingly dangerous."

It already is. What they're doing is teaching a bunch of chickens that the fox is never going to show up. There are some very large, hungry foxes out there just waiting for the right set of circumstances.

#29     Dec 21, 2010
  10. Here, this post sums it up. The fact that there is even one person that could believe this shows just how totally fucked up this country is. When you have a population that is this brainwashed, there is little hope. Another 21st century house nigger. It ain't so bad here, my massa don't beat me too much, and when he does, I know's I deserves it.

Quote from Pekelo:

They actually did. Since the autoindustry was a strong driving force behind the American economy and since because of the too many compensations and benefits of the workers American automakers couldn't compete with their Asian counterparts, one can say that yes, in a way they did bring down the economy....

Thanks for pointing it out.

#30     Dec 21, 2010