What's REALLY Wrong With America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Very funny. His wife, if she is actually a Doc would have probably already whacked him with a lethal dose of fentanyl.

#11     Dec 15, 2010
  2. Here's another retard on this site, Scat...

State and local public employees undercompensated,
    EPI study finds

The report, Debunking the Myth of the Overcompensated
    Public Employee: The Evidence by Labor and Employment Relations Professor Jeffrey Keefe of Rutgers University, finds that, on average, state and local government workers are compensated 3.75% less than workers in the private sector.

---------

This myth is as bad as tax cuts for the rich create jobs and raising the minimum wage causes unemployment.

#12     Dec 15, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

Sorry to say, this is either pure and utter bullshit, or a blatant lie. Very few people would argue the basic FACT that the public sector makes more then the private sector. This negates the whole premise of your post which implies that public sector employees make less then private sector employees.

Quite frankly I cant believe anyone would even believe such an absurd notion. Find me a single liberal on this site who believes that the average public sector wage is lower then the average private sector wage.

#13     Dec 15, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

...and liberals are intellectually superior.

#14     Dec 15, 2010
  5. What are you maverick74 who doesn' t know the difference between "then" and "than " Jebus H didn't eyerone learn that in the 3rd grade?

#15     Dec 15, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

Do you really want to go down the rabbit/spelling hole? Yours is as bad as mine, i hold my punches 99% of the time, and i try to provide a coherent argument to people who are willing as opposed to a bunch of name calling, but with that said i would be more then willing to open up this lame ass book.

For the most part i could give a flying fuck less how i spell on an internet forum, however when somenoe decides to make an issue of it i will gladly show them their imperfections as well.

Im not here to win a fucking hero cookie for spelling, i would have thought that was obvious given the fact that 99% of my posts dont have apostrophes or commas, or proper capitalization.

#16     Dec 15, 2010
  7. What's wrong with America goes much deeper than politics. We have grown into a sense of entitlement taken to it's most absurd extreme. It's covers every level of the social and economic strata, from the guy who thinks freedom means free ride, to the guy who is saying I got mine, fuck you. Business integrity is virtually non-existant, and accountantability is totaly non-existant. Our politics is just a mirror of what our society has become...egocentric, fear based, dishonest, with a stunning lack of gratitude. As a nation, we have forgotten our humble roots. Seems to be par for the course in the evolution of all great empire nations. Only difference is that our technology is taking us there faster.

#17     Dec 16, 2010
  8. You may enjoy this:

The Crisis of the American Intellectual
    WALTER RUSSELL MEAD

America has everything it needs for success in the twenty-first century with one exception: a critical mass of thinkers, analysts and policy entrepreneurs who can help unleash the creative potential of the American people and build the new government and policy structures that will facilitate a new wave of private-sector led growth. Figuring out why so many of our intellectuals and experts are so poorly equipped to play a constructive role — and figuring out how to develop the leadership we currently lack — may be the most important single thing Americans need to work on right now.

Regular readers of these posts know that I think that the world is headed into a tumultuous period, and that the United States is stuck with a social model that doesn’t work anymore. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I don’t need to reproduce those arguments here; readers interested in the gathering storms can look here to see what I mean, and readers curious about the failure of the Blue Social Model can get started here.

There’s a lot of work ahead to enable the United States to meet the coming challenges. I’m reasonably confident that we remain the best placed large society on earth to make the right moves. Our culture of enterprise and risk-taking is still strong; a critical mass of Americans still have the values and the characteristics that helped us overcome the challenges of the last two hundred years.

But when I look at the problems we face, I worry. It’s not just that some of our cultural strengths are eroding as both the financial and intellectual elites rush to shed many of the values that made the country great. And it’s not the deficit: we can and will deal with that if we get our policies and politics right. And it’s certainly not the international competition: our geopolitical advantages remain overwhelming and China, India and the EU all face challenges even more daunting than ours and they lack our long tradition of successful, radical but peaceful reform and renewal.

Continued: http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2010/12/08/the-crisis-of-the-american-intellectual/

#18     Dec 16, 2010
  9. How useful is "average" though? Some guy running a hedge fund might be raking in a billion a year, or a bank CEO making millions compared to piss for rank-and-file.

Maybe a better view would be the distribution of the income. I doubt higher level public positions have the same size gap from their rank-and-file.

#19     Dec 16, 2010

10. And add state and local expenditures to the Fed for another $9327 per capita or $37K for a family of four for a total just short of $100K.

Just send me a $100K check every year and I will purchase my choice of glorious governmental services.... or not.

#20     Dec 16, 2010