whats more addictive.. crack.. cocaine... wallstreet/trading..?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by simon1080, Sep 13, 2008.

1. If a person cares about getting "respect" on an anonymous board, then that person is lacking in a lot of areas of their life.

And, with the title of this thread (and idiot thread starter), did you actually expect this to be a real informative thread? :)

#21     Sep 14, 2008
  2. Oh damn..

Now his dr phil. lol

#22     Sep 14, 2008
  3. lol..... sword is getting owned by simon in this thread!

#23     Sep 14, 2008
  4. hughb

hughb

I'd like to get back the enthusiasm I had a dozen years ago. Back then my local paper had a telephone number you could call to get delayed quotes on stocks. I used to call it from my cubicle at work several times every day to follow whatever stock I had at the time. I had learned the keypad system so well my fingers could dance over the telephone and get my quote before my supervisor would notice I was on the phone yet again. Then I would rush out to tell my fellow employees how much money I was making. Unless of course my stock was down and then I would just quietly set the phone down and get back to work.

I love to see enthusiasm. Whether it's for the market, loading freight, getting to the gym, whatever. Nobody should ever try to dampen someone elses positive enthusiasm.

#24     Sep 14, 2008
  5. hughb

hughb

BTW, to answer the question - I'd say crack is more addictive. Every time you smoke crack, you get a good feeling. I only get a good feeling half the time I make a trade in the market.

#25     Sep 14, 2008
  6. If a person cares about getting "respect" on an anonymous board, then that person is lacking in a lot of areas of their life.
    --------------------------------------

Imo, respect does matter on an anonymous board. One may need to ask a question and the person who knows the answer may feel it is worthwhile to reply.:cool:

#26     Sep 14, 2008
  7. :confused:

#27     Sep 14, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

" whats more addictive.. crack.. cocaine... wallstreet/trading"..or starting useless threads on ET?

#28     Sep 14, 2008
  9. Back then my local paper had a telephone number you could call to get delayed quotes on stocks. I used to call it from my cubicle at work several times every day to follow whatever stock I had at the time.
    ------------------------

I did the same thing.

#29     Sep 14, 2008

10. I will totally agree you with you on that chief.
    However, this baby orangutan swordman likes to open his mouth with jibberish often .. till I put him in his place.. then he shuts up.

God bless!

[​IMG]

#30     Sep 14, 2008