Whats missing in the movie 'Selma'?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by wildchild, Feb 18, 2015.

1. wildchild

wildchild

It seems they could added some time travel to the movie and make it a sci-fi flick. Lets look at what we know. We know that Obama was born as a direct result of the march in Selma. Lets take a trip down memory lane.

"This young man named Barack Obama got one of those tickets and came over to this country. He met this woman whose great great-great-great-grandfather had owned slaves; but she had a good idea there was some craziness going on because they looked at each other and they decided that we know that, (in) the world as it has been, it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child. There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don't tell me I’m not coming home to Selma, Alabama." Barack Obama

Of course the march happened on March 7, 1965, and Obama's parents got together because of the the march. According to the timeline, Obama's parents got together because of the march, they traveled back in time and gave birth to Barack Obama on August 4, 1961.

Why wasn't this episode included in the movie? They could have added some really cool special effects during the time travel scenes.