what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by playme4u2c2, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Nkhoi... Email at the address I posted .. you are welcome.

#41     Dec 8, 2003
  2. Longshot.... and I'm sure you are...
    2411 meaningless posts, and counting, I'm sure.

#42     Dec 8, 2003
  3. trendy

trendy

How about a little more information? Such as:

How many trades on average does it generate per day?

What is the ratio of winning trades to losing trades?

How much is the average gain and the average loss?

What determines the exit point? Is it merely signal generation? Or set $/points per trade?

#43     Dec 8, 2003
  4. Posts: 186

12-08-03 11:53 PM

How about a little more information? Such as:

How many trades on average does it generate per day?

What is the ratio of winning trades to losing trades?

How much is the average gain and the average loss?

What determines the exit point? Is it merely signal generation? Or set $/points per trade?

average 11 trades per day.
    74.8% wins to loss
    average winner 48
    average loser 72
    MERELY signal generation? that's what SHOULD
    trigger trades.. and does.

#44     Dec 9, 2003
  5. I agree with AMT. Systems come and go. Volatility, volume and other things change the market enoguh that you must keep tweaking the system to make$$$. I had a friend from MIT who made systems. Well, he spent more time on making system adjustments than actually trading. In the end he was never a consistant trader.
    I must also ask the question I love asking people- If it works so well, why the hell sell it? If it makes 4 pts +- a day then why sell it. Lets do the math.
    4pts x10contracts=40pts=$2,000 a day
    Now if it's a good system you should be able to do 40 contracts with relative ease.
    4ptsx40contracts=160pts=$8,000 a day
    $8,000xjust 200 days = $1.6 million a year.
    Now why the hell sell it. If you sold it more people would trade it and start tweaking the system by their fills. This in turn would ruin the system with out constant parameter adjustments.
    Now if you are asking if people will buy it I'd say yes some would. Most people are lazy and want the free money with little work. It's all about quality marketing and creative lies.

Rember, some people post here because they are great traders with nothing to lose. I rember when I was a world class runner I did not care telling people my secrets. I knew that no matter what, they would not give the discipline, heart, soul or body enough to duplicate my results. Also it's great to look here for a extra edge:)

#45     Dec 9, 2003
  6. You are correct, there is no reason to sell it, nor would I. I was curious what others thought about the idea. Today it ran 8.2 points thanks to Greenspan. Time to move to a tax free state!

#46     Dec 9, 2003
  7. PrivateIsland... I have it figured at right around a million for next year also... another reason to not sell it, but to keep trading it.

#47     Dec 9, 2003
  8. lol yeah right .. you funny person ! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA! :D :D :D

#48     Dec 9, 2003
  9. Longshot, if meaningless posts is all it takes to become an "elite member" of this board, (and it must be) it's a club I'm glad I'm not a member of. Then again, having a useful opinion or comment for your 8 posts per day could be really taxing on your brain. Better save them.

As to 1 million a year? if you can do the math, you see it is quite possible. Math and you, what am I thinking... nevermind.

#49     Dec 9, 2003
  10. hey..dont sell yourself short.. if a mil is that easy..shoot for 5 million! your wasting time here..GET CRACKIN!! LOL :p

#50     Dec 9, 2003