what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by playme4u2c2, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Email in couple months IT.... I'll let you know. <weg>

#11     Dec 8, 2003
  2. BTW... I've been working with TS strategys for the last 3 years. I know that they CAN fall apart after optimization. The strategy was written on 2 months of volume data.. then back tested with 2 more months. All was well (85 % of optimized profit.) Then FORWARD testing has acheived even better results than back testing did... so far. Time will, as always, tell.

#12     Dec 8, 2003
  3. monkey

monkey

Okay... You got me. I would pay $19.95, but only if you throw in a free flow-bee.

#13     Dec 8, 2003
  4. I was just having some fun with you... IMO systems come and go, but the one thing that always remains the same is the trader you see in the mirror every morning. The market keeps changing and the discretionary trader has the best ability to deal with this constant change IMO.

Chris

#14     Dec 8, 2003
  5. plot1(average((upticks-downticks),20));

Interesting concept, on first inspection looks like an interesting relationship to price on a 100 tick.

looks like it could be tested for divergences. would be interesting to see a % change for ES up against a % change for the indicator

an edge isn't jumping out at me, but i can imagine there's one in there somewhere.

how many trades a day to make 4 pts with this indicator?

#15     Dec 8, 2003
  6. For all of you who are refering to a post I made almost a year ago, your research skills are unparalled! Now back to the present. Ticks charts are nice, but really, flawed. If I was making over 4 points a day per contract with REAL money, I'm not going to waste my time here, and neither would you... (yeah yeah... the give something back crap.) I just asked a question, but it seems we have several ES millionaires hanging out here at 10pm with nothing better to do with their time than reply to my post.

#16     Dec 8, 2003
  7. well, hey, so many ideas come from relentless scouring :) sniffing out good ideas is never time wasted, even on the ones that turn up nothing

#17     Dec 8, 2003
  8. All one has to do is click on your post count link and ALL 13 posts show up in the search results window. Not really a lot of research involved. Thought I'd let you know for future reference :p

-Fast

#18     Dec 8, 2003
  9. Does your strategy come with a money back guarantee if not completely satisfied? :)

#19     Dec 8, 2003
  10. Well I'll post a real reply, if you could prove (i.e. demonstrate it live) it was currently averaging 4 pts a day live, and I was given some explanation as to the reasoning behind it that seemed to contain an edge that might produce for at least a few months, I'd pay a few thousand for it....the question is a bit circular...if you could guarantee me an average of 200.00 per day (per contract, so up to say 4 or 5k a day if you want to go 20 or more cars) why wouldnt anyone pay quite a lot for that? My real question going along with my reply is, why not just throw 100 car lots around with it, keep it to yourself, make 20k per day, not worry about selling it to some jokers who probably won't even be able to use it right....etc etc

#20     Dec 8, 2003