What's it like to be an ES scalper these days?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by SoesWasBetter, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Suicidal?

comagnum likes this.
  2. Aj2014

Aj2014

stick with 'long only' dip buying and breakout trading

shatteredx likes this.
  3. speedo

speedo

not suicidal but puny range and volume...just not much meat on the bone currently. Of course different people have different definitions of "scalp", if referring to a few ticks then winning percentage has to be very high.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  4. algofy

algofy

I don't even look at ES anymore.

EsKiller and _eug_ like this.
  5. Do your own thing (whatever method you prefer) -- Just assume everyone is a losing trader, o_O

Being a successful trader is like being Indiana Jones -- just because everyone else failed, that don't mean he should not pursue The Holy Grail,

It's when you start to ask for confirmation...that's when you start to fall into group/sheep think,

As Morpheus would say: Free Your Mind.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Trader447 likes this.
  6. Palindrome

Palindrome

I never understood why there are so many ES scalpers, or in other words aspiring young ES scalpers. I get how it is ultra liquid, but most are not big traders. 10 lot 20 lot, etc.

Why would all of these aspiring traders choose ES and trade mostly noise, when there are so many other futures contracts with solid set ups. ES sets up nice, but not ever hour... in my opinion.

I trade about 7 different contracts, this week I've seen no quality trades in Equities, been trading energy CL and NG.

7. Handle123

Handle123

Well, it has had to change cause of computerization eventually, it you think "retail" is going to be fastest than most or me, you can forget about it, has to be automation on one minute bars or lower. Best to go to day trading and going for more than ticks-like 2-20 points, plus those who use to teach scalping, extremely hard as you going to be another one to trade against.

We ALL have differences on experience and computer skills, where one does not see quality choices, others just trade. All depends on methods, time durations, contracts pushing, time of the hour, reports. I love automation now and always had fought doing it, just gives so much more time to test, ideas hardly ever stop-we doing what we love, the GAME.

KeLo and syswizard like this.
  8. truetype

truetype

> What's it like to be an ES scalper these days?

fscd.jpg

9. Jack1960

Jack1960

Th pic above is generous to scalpers. These days they do not even get soup.

10. geth03

geth03

why that ? :D:D:D

#10     Aug 2, 2017