Whats it like in NYC or on Wall Street?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by empee, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Posted last night.. Watch and learn!

scalper132

10-10-08 12:02 AM

I predict tomorrow will be the biggest down day that will send ripple effects all the way to pluto

#11     Oct 10, 2008
  2. Mecro

Mecro

Most NYC finance is not on Wall Street but in midtown.

The bars which cater to them on second avenue, well, I don't expect half of them to be around past 6 months. From what I saw just in the past week, it's not pretty.

#12     Oct 10, 2008
  3. That is the truth! 2nd ave not looking to good

#13     Oct 10, 2008
  4. I am a couple of blocks from Wall Street. On Wall Street there are a bunch of TV Vans and reporters covering the story for different news Channels. The guys in suits walking around dont really look upset atleast they arent showing it. Other then that there is some worry about jobs.

#14     Oct 10, 2008
  5. I work down on Wall st. also you probably know have ran into that black guy who hands out the free news papers who is always so happy.. THat guy gives me a chuckle every time I hear his voice when I'm heading towards my office.

#15     Oct 10, 2008
  6. You were kind of right, untill that rally....

#16     Oct 10, 2008

7. No, I don't know of that guy... I work just south of wall street actually, in 1 NYP.

#17     Oct 10, 2008
  8. Im in midtown several times a week. things are still hopping with full restaurants and bars. Was in Soho yesterday, more people buying more stuff in galleries and boutiques than I have noticed in sometime. Things are still looking sweet in NYC.

surf

#18     Oct 12, 2008
  9. The EURO is very strong, most of the people doing the buying in NYC are tourists especially on the weekends mostly from Europe, the Middle East and Asia

#19     Oct 12, 2008
  10. bidask

bidask

huh? hasn't he euro been declining against the dollar rapidly these days?

#20     Oct 12, 2008