Whats it like in NYC or on Wall Street?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by empee, Oct 9, 2008.

1. empee

empee

Hi,

This thread is for people to post stories or evidence of what its like on Wall Street and in NYC right now. I'm not there but curious as to what its like there, now.

2. My brother has lived in manhatten for years and says the tension has been very tense. And that was three weeks ago!

3. Bob111

Bob111

[​IMG]

4. I trade remotely in NYC, honestly not much has changed, the vibe in the Wall St area obviously isn't that great but I haven't seen any chairs flying through windows just yet. Not as many shoppers on the weekends like there use to be and the restaurants and retail stores are pretty dead. Every person you pass is on the phone asking their financial advisor what should they do lol. Wait until the DOW cracks under 7,800 then I think you will see the rent prices drop, retails shutting down, Wall st executives and employees leaving the business, massive layoffs and closed doors. just my 2 cents

5. I predict tomorrow will be the biggest down day that will send ripple effects all the way to pluto

6. I work right down on Wall st., and you'd probably be disappointed. Aside from the odd low-energy picket in front of the NYSE, it's more or less business as usual. Inside the exchange is a different story, but outside: you wouldn't necessarily think anything was up if you didn't know already. That's been my experience, anyway.

7. Brutal... :p

8. Roubini just put out an alert of a Global systemic meltdown and global depression, seems he and you have similar timing.

9. Holy shit, here it comes.

#10     Oct 10, 2008