Whats in Surfs journal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Dec 23, 2003.

1. jem

jem

I just saw that it is 300 pages. If someone were to read the whole thing over the holidays what would they learn about trading? This is not an attack. I may read it but do not want to waste too much time. Would it be a waste or valuable. thanks

2. Pabst

Pabst

Cliff note version: MS is a guy with much better than average instincts. He bought the March lows aggressively and milked them. In the chop his "neo Gann" channels like all other trend following systems are death, though he will occasionally use a channel as sup/res. However it seems his preference is trading the breakout through penetration. He is short on discussing the math behind the methodology (which is fair it's his proprietary stuff). I try to keep up with what he's doing and I do factor him in as an indicator (not a fading one). Unfortunately his out of the blue bearishness several weeks ago coincided with my evil twins awakening and I got hammered thinking hey, "this guy is rarely a mega bear, he must be validating what I see. " What I saw was Pabst short at some pretty low fucking prices paying up for days to get out that shit. Well win some, lose some.

Rating B+ Worth Reading the updates.

3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I give Surf an A++++++

His thread is interesting, but basically he gives the channels and we follow them and make money. It does not tell you how he does it. I did read the whole thing a while back.

Cathy

4. jem

jem

thanks for the info. I appreciate the fact that he is making money but if he is keeping the math behind it proprietary, I think I will just stick to my own program. Thanks.

5. ElCubano

ElCubano

i agree with Bobcathy and Pabst; Surf dude is a great read.....stay away from his rare stock picks thread though...:D

market timing: B+
    discipline: B-

OVERALL GRADE : A ++++

the overall grade is based on market ATTITUDE....peace