Whats hot in Finance?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Scalper007, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Hello everyone,

I have 3 career related questions:

1. I 've been trading for about a year now and although I have been fairly successful, I feel that this job is extremely stressful.
    I'm giving it everything I got to make it, but if I don't, I need to have a back up plan to fall back on. I have a BBA in Finance and I was just wondering what is the hottest job in finance that does NOT involve advanced math?

2. I hate math, but I love to work with people. Someone suggested that since i have a series 7 already, I should go to training as a Financial Advisor. But I am not gonna choose a career just because I have the license it requires. I am trying to get a glimpse of a day in the life of a financial advisor. The most important question is: How hard is it to find clients? I know that when you start, it will be tough, but once you have a client base, how's life? Is anyone here a Financial Advisor? Or can anyone describe what a Financial Advisors' career is like?

3. I read on some magazine that a Financial Advisor job is the 3rd best job in the U.S.... Is this true??

Your answers would help me a lot. Thanks.

2. A financial advisor is just a fancy salesman, I would not think that would be something you were interested in with a BBA in Finance. FAs are like real estate brokers, they keep growing in numbers as more and more people enter the market.

3. The most stable job:

Fund(Operation) Administrator.
    Back Office Accountant.

Most hot:

Trader.
    Quants.

4. Thanks a lot options and ts. Wow, Back office accountant is that stable? Damn, I just turned down an interview offer today for a similar position in the operations section of a major bank...I asked the guy if there will be room for advancement and he said "You can only advance in operations". And I thought operations was a lowly section in a bank...

5. As you have thought, it's all the itsy-bitsy ground work stuff. There's no glamour or hotness in it but all the fund traders I know appreciates their work.

After you learn the whole nine yards and get connected with the top Inst. Bank, it's an easy 6 digit income, and they sure deserve it.

6. dinoman

dinoman

No thats a Financial Planner, which you need your CFP certification. Financial Advisers is a flipping joke. One can get that job with a G.E.D.

Try to find a part-time job that you would love to do. (most likely won't pay much or it could). Its a good equalizer to the stress of trading.

JMHO,

Good luck

7. what are the most lucrative jobs in finance and how does the economy effect the salaries?

8. Does anyone have a chart of the year over year Wall street bonuses going back 50 years or so?

I couldnt find anything for more than a couple years.

9. Dinoman, I thought financial advisor and planner were the same... Whats the difference besides the cfp? I mean, is Financial planner better salary-wise?

Wow, I'm definately dropping financial advisor off the list..Sounds pretty bad...

How about Forensic accounting? I was thinking If I can get into forensic accounting than after a couple of years, I can join the FBI white collar crimes division where they value accounting skills.. Any idea on this?

I've always wanted to work for the fbi, even though I may not get a big pay check..

10. Been seraching for 30 minutes..Can't find anything on that:(

#10     Dec 19, 2006