What's HOT! for 2009 anything?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bat1, Dec 27, 2008.

1. bat1

bat1

what would be this sign?

#11     Dec 27, 2008
  2. just buy smartist tech companies:

goog amzn bidu ma v rimm fslr

and globalist stocks:

pot mos ewz fi

#12     Dec 27, 2008
  3. NYSE margin debt looks like it might be at a bottom. My model is either its a bottom right now or it may need another 60 billion down before its at a bottom.

The availability and loosening of the credit markets is what needs for the market to move up. The stock and futures market revolves around easy credit not actual fundamentals. Easy credit=risk free $$$.

#13     Dec 27, 2008
  4. I thought Obama was going to invest in infrastructure, seems like heavy equipment mfgs or related.

#14     Dec 27, 2008
  5. VIX baby VIX!:cool:

#15     Dec 27, 2008
  6. Obama is also going to invest a lot in change...

so nickel, copper should go up a lot :D:D :p

#16     Dec 27, 2008
  7. sogodo

sogodo

shorting could be easy, but...

bear market rallies are MUCH more intensive than bull market rallies, contrary to the consensual believe

so, historically, short-run bear market rallies, in the form of almost totally vertical streight lines up, can make some ppl so nervous that they can confuse it with global bottom and start covering, losing their shirts.

i mean, at least, try to handle this cargo in the form of extreme psychological stress with care in such moments (at least avoid keeping some especially big excessively leveraged shorting positions overnight -- some gaps could be HUGE and not filled/faded immediately and last for weeks) :)

#17     Dec 28, 2008
  8. Gold of course.:)

1500$ gold before may sounds feasible. This should send the miners higher at least 150%.

#18     Dec 28, 2008