What's holding you back?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Chuck Krug, Jun 24, 2021.

2. jnbadger

jnbadger

For me, it was not defining risk and subsequently having a major fear of loss and failure. Once I found a strategy which fit my personality (after many many years of loss and failure), I was able to think in probabilities and close the psychological gap between learning to trade and becoming consistently profitable.

3. traider

traider

Not being able to buy faster than Fed prints

jelite likes this.
  4. There is one and one thing ONLY holding me back in my trading journey, and those three words are:

NO TRADING EDGES

I found one trading edge, and still searching for more. I do not need no damn psychology work, Just trading edges.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  5. nursebee

nursebee

Nothing.
    I found what works for me, did it.
    Quit day job.
    Living the life!

oraclewizard77 and SimpleMeLike like this.
  6. NoahA

NoahA

I'm confused, you say no edges, but that you found one. Does the one you have not come up often enough so you need to find more to give you more trades?

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Man, you are due.
    If I may, what couple of methods were pretty close?

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. farcas82

farcas82

I have found an almost-working method too. It's a moving averages crossover + volatility filter. Basically I'm trying to predict volatility (which should be easier than predicting the trend) and then avoid trades where I would get a whipsaw due to rapid crossover. It's supposed to work well on stocks and stock indices. What do you guys think of this? Should I dedicate some time to make it work? Does it sound like a reasonable edge? I need an edge too. This is what is holding me back.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. farcas82

farcas82

The reason why it's supposed to work best on stocks is because stock volatility is clustered. Both rapid ups and rapid downs, strongest daily uptrend and strongest daily downtrends correlate together which means that one might be possibly able to skip bad whipsaws altogether in stocks trading.

10. Hello NoahA,

Yes, I found 1 strategy method with Edge. It occurs pretty frequently. And yes, I keep seeking more.

#10     Jun 25, 2021
    beginner66 and NoahA like this.