what's happening?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hellomarket, May 23, 2006.

1. somehow i got to liking the fish........................lol :D

#41     May 23, 2006
  2. fantastic quote; u gettin' better and better...keep up u good job.

RORLAWAFFLE

#42     May 23, 2006
  3. JLB

JLB

Jorge you may have been right.

Birinyi Associates points to a Bloomberg story at 1:43pm implying Human to Human Bird Flu transmission in indonesia as the source of the selloff.

Birinyi provides statistical research to many hedge funds.

#43     May 23, 2006
  4. JORGE

JORGE

Yeah, CNBC's "On the Money" just reported that the possible human to human transmission was the reason futures are down after hours. Doesn't look like the flu mutated and would still be extremely difficult to spread among humans, so might not be a big deal. Just shows how weak this market is, probably wouldn't have caused a reaction a couple weeks ago. The bird flu stocks should provide some good trading tomorrow.

#44     May 23, 2006
  5. always be prepared to hedge if stubborn and not willing to take a loss ...

:)

#45     May 23, 2006
  6. JLB

JLB

I do agree with you that the market does seem shaky and looking for any reason to sell off. The last 45 min and the after market selling seemed to me to be an effort to reduce overnight risk on long stock positions by hedging them with short positions in
    SP 500, Nasdaq 100, and Russell 2000 futures

June SP 500 futures are currently approx. 11.30 below fair value.

If Asia does sell off, tomorrows opening will be brutal for the bulls.

On the other hand if Asia rallies strongly, we will have a nice snap back rally on the open.

#46     May 23, 2006
  7. Nikkei opened up 35 but it slid yesterday.
    Europe will be a real test

#47     May 23, 2006
  8. Nikkei up now.....this might workout ok for my long positions yet!

1260 here we come!

#48     May 23, 2006
  9. hajimow

hajimow

I burnt a slice of bread in my toaster today. I think that should be it. I mean the reason that market is crashing.:D
    We will die someday one way or the other so enjoy your chicken salad and chicken sandwich. If you want to worry and suffer there will be always a reason for it. One day bird flu and the next day mad cow and then crocodile stomach pain:)

#49     May 23, 2006
  10. Choad

Choad

Rerun and the Gang
    [​IMG]

#50     May 23, 2006