what's happening?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hellomarket, May 23, 2006.

1. just become one of us and ... join the DARK side

#31     May 23, 2006
  2. hahahahahahhaahahahah

#32     May 23, 2006
  3. This is alot like the summer of 1998. Back then the market drifted higher day after day with alot of complacency. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, in mid-July the market sold off hard one day and never stopped selling off for a few weeks. In August of that year all the LTCM stuff, Russian ruble crisis, etc, etc hit the market full force.

Right now, underneath the radar (as it has been for about 2-3 years now) are the whispers of FNM and the potential crisis there and for their counter-parties. It's always something to remember that the noise gets louder as the prices decline, the cry for a "reason" becomes more mandatory and it becomes something of a vicious circle.

Perhaps, this might provide the catalyst in the coming weeks.

#33     May 23, 2006
  4. agreed.

#34     May 23, 2006
  5. Just buy up commodities, doubt there will be more chances to get them this cheap.

No matter what any of you say, fiat currency is losing its value, particularly the USD. So as much as the bears want the market to dump, it can't happen cause it would make certain companies way too cheap where full liquidation will be extremely profitable.

Asset inflation thanks to the insane growth of M3. Don't forget, when accounting for inflation of USD, this market has not really gone anywhere in the last few years.

#35     May 23, 2006
  6. I agree, start scaling in on Silver and Gold. There's still ways to go... after a 20 year bear market, a 5 year bull market do not just peter out like that.

However, caution as corrections are going to be brutal.

#36     May 23, 2006
  7. I would actually get into some ethanol stocks as well and why not zinc, aluminum, paladium and all of the other commodities. It isn't like China and India, turkey and emerging nations would all of the sudden stop growing at their rate right, so they will need those commodities................again simple economics , the bigger the demand the higher the prices.

#37     May 23, 2006
  8. Trend following is not about knowing why. Why is mox-nix. Just pretend you are a "Dead Fish" and just go with the flow.

How hard can that be?...................:D

Actually, let me clarify. the answer is in two parts. 1. it is easy for anyone observing any price chart to observe which way the dead fish are flowing in the river. .........2. The difficult part for most new traders is when they let thinking enter. Thinking (psychology ) is the part of trading that trips up most traders. Thus my slogan: trade like a "DEAD FISH", no psychological barriers to overcome then. LOL...

#38     May 23, 2006
  9. yup TREND FOLLOWING MORON hey thats me:cool:

#39     May 23, 2006
  10. ratteesquad

Yes, the 'morons and Dead Fish are bringing in the tuna......:eek:

#40     May 23, 2006