what's happening?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hellomarket, May 23, 2006.

1. Ummmmmmmmmmmm.......first of all the market tanked becouse of mutual funds were taking the money back from stock, due to the bonds going up. Second the USD is going to go down so oversea ppl are putting money in something else such as commodities. Third of all of this rally was carried by commodities what do you think happens when they go down yes, market goes down. Nasdaq in NO way, shape or form let this rally, it all had been commodities, and industrial goods.

#11     May 23, 2006
  2. If you want to see the mutual funds cash on hand is only about 4% lowest since 1999-2000 and we all know what happend then.............right.

#12     May 23, 2006
  3. JORGE

JORGE

I'm not going to argue that the market is already in a strong downtrend, but I find it hard to believe that it is only a coincidence that the market sold off hard when headlines come across showing the first human to human transmission bird flu. ES doesn't normally drop 10 straight points from the 4:00 close for no reason.

#13     May 23, 2006
  4. #14     May 23, 2006
  5. thanks JORGE----agreed, and It does say alot about how nervous equities are..... try to ignore the rest of the idiots on this thread

#15     May 23, 2006
  6. JORGE

JORGE

I'm not arguing with your overall market view, just the action in the futures over the last hour. BCRX now up 1.5 and NVAX .60 from the close.

#16     May 23, 2006
  7. yeah but that does not explain why the rest of the market is dropping right????? Ofcoarse it explains why biotech firms which produce avian flu, are going up but what about the rest of the market. Listen i am not trying to be hostile about this I just dont think b/c of the flu 2 weeks ago market fell down.

#17     May 23, 2006
  8. Ebo

Ebo

I read on The Drudge, a Bird got caught in the CME ventilation system and shut down the Buy side orders on GLOBEX @ 3:14 CT.

#18     May 23, 2006
  9. JORGE

JORGE

It would explain the after hours action of the entire market, if this is in fact the first confirmed case of human to human transmission. This news came out 1/2 before the close.

Not trying to be hostile, just throwing out my opinion.

#19     May 23, 2006
  10. JLB

JLB

When the bird-flu headline flashed on Bloomberg the sell programs did go into overdrive. Drudge picked it up and used it to headline his site.

If Tokyo and Hong Kong open abnormally down then I think Jorge's
    explanation is the correct one.

#20     May 23, 2006