what's happening?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hellomarket, May 23, 2006.

1. averaged into SPY at the close, sitting on unususally large loss, no news on CNBC this channel is just becoming ever more worthless !:mad:

don't follow the news much what worries me is that to my knowledge there hasn't been a lot of bad news recently to justify the recent selloff

2. ja, u missed news about merryl loadin' up da cannon for da first time this yr durin' ah.
    bloomie covered that extensively, and all before da drop.....free $$$ for all but u of course.

enjoy

3. So sell then, trend is your friend how many times do people say that. If market is bullish go long, vice versa for bear markets. You should really look into this shorting stuff, it pays much better than longs. The bigger they are the faster they fall, this is especially true about the stock that hit new high and the fall i.e. look at ERS ummmmmmmmm...........yammy for a perfect short of those tops.

4. JORGE

JORGE

Judging by the spikes in BCRX and NVAX, at the same time the market tanked, this might be the reason.

15:29 Seven Indonesian bird flu cases linked to patients- Bloomberg.com

Bloomberg.com is reporting all seven people infected with bird flu in a cluster of Indonesian cases can be linked to other patients, according to disease trackers investigating possible human-to-human transmission of the H5N1 virus. A team of international experts has been unable to find animals that might have infected the people, the World Health Organization said in a statement today. In one case, a 10-year- old boy who caught the virus from his aunt may have passed it to his father, the first time officials have seen evidence of a three-person chain of infection, an agency spokeswoman said. Six of the seven people have died. Almost all of the 218 cases of H5N1 infections confirmed by the WHO since late 2003 can be traced to direct contact with sick or dead birds. Strong evidence of human-to-human transmission may prompt the global health agency to convene a panel of experts and consider raising the pandemic alert level, said Maria Cheng, an agency spokeswoman

5. Wait let me get this straight you think the market tanked b/c of the Bird flu??????? Are you ok? :confused:

6. very insightful comments as usual

7. How about the 38 month bull run up since March of 03, without one correction. Thats good enough for me and apparently the bulls too.

8. plugger

plugger

And what is so unbelievable about that? Do you have any ideas what a widespread outbreak would do to world GDP?

9. You are right. It is CNBC's fault that you lost.

10. JORGE

JORGE

All I'm saying is check out the charts of BCRX and NVAX in relation to the headline 1/2 before the close, compared to the futures. After hours BCRX +.90, NVAX +.5, and the SPY's are down 1.2 from the 4:00 price.

#10     May 23, 2006