Whats going to happen Monday / Tuesday??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Comptalk, Jan 6, 2008.

Where we going?

1. Up

26 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. Down

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Sideways

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. Don't care. I'm in cash

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. So far we've been down for the last six or seven days. Can we really go down again on Monday and Tuesday? The bargain hunters have to be circling.

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I would suspect that after a pretty big move the last week or so that market volatility will contract and the market will go sideways or slightly up/down before it resumes it's downward slide later in the week or next week.

3. opm8

opm8

Idiots predict.

4. mokwit

mokwit

If you are not daytrading you pretty much have to predict [but wait for confirmation before acting].

There is a real idiot called George Soros who uses prediction in his trading. Check out his book, I am sure you will find it a scream. No doubt the amount of money he has made and his long term track record will be a source of derision to an enlightened one such as yourself. We are not worthy.

5. opm8

opm8

You're comparing yourself to Soros? I'm pretty sure he didn't look at Friday's trading on a chart, predict the future and then enter a months-long position on Monday, which is what this stupid poll is asking.

You'd do well to read about Soros and gain some insight into his methods.

6. marketfly

marketfly

Predictions are for fools and not traders who react to market movement up or down.

7. right, so not predicting is for the status quo.

8. Just asked for an opinion. Geez. Some of you do not have to bite someone's head off for a simple question.

9. ghostfish

ghostfish

I agree about the predictions. I do have a hunch that either tomorrow or in a couple of days we may feel that stocks like appl or rimm were hit a bit to hard but I certainlt would want to see the price begin to reflect that before acting. Thoughts anyone?

10. The market is all about predictions. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete dumba**. When you enter a position you are predicting the security is going to move up or down whether you are long or short. If you arn't predicting than you are wishing. In that case just burn all your money.

#10     Jan 6, 2008