Whats going on at IDEALPRO ????

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by JLarsen, Apr 20, 2006.

1. ballyhoo

ballyhoo

Eagle Eye,

one has to understand that IB has several people here in this forum, officially or disguised as traders, who fight against traders who experienced severe problems with IB Interactive Brokers and want to warn other traders by posting in this forum.

Herewith i state the following:

yes, i had an account with IB
    yes, i had bad experience with IB (filling/slippage/wrong market data)
    yes, they promised to refund for their faults but did not after 3 months

yes, i have another account with Oanda and had no problems at all with them, except some difficulties with funding for my account.

To the IB staff here in this forum:

yes, i posted 16 times, mainly with negative comments about IB, but thats the nature of this forum, to report about bad or good experience to inform other traders. If i had read some threads in this forum before, perhabs i would not have opened an account with IB.

Hope this helps real traders in their decision

Ballyhoo

#21     Jul 23, 2006
  2. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with posting positive or negative comments. The interesting part is where so called customers of brokers are not only saying their broker is good but they attack you because you talk negative about the broker in question. Not brokers defending themselves but customers!!

Their reasons and the best they come up with: you are new, you only speak negative about one broker, you don’t know anything about trading, you have only few posts, you work for other brokers, bla bla......

#22     Jul 23, 2006
  3. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I've also had this problem a few times during volatile times.

I tried a workaround but even these didn't work:

Buy Stop Limit with Stop 2 pips from limit.
    Buy Stop limit with stop 3 pips from limit.

In both cases, they were marketable orders as confirmed by looking at the time and sales. I have my stop trigger method set to double bid/ask. In one case, yes, the market had a double ask post, but the time the order was submitted (instanteously) the market was past the limit. So to compensate next time, I set the stop 3 pips before the limit price. Double consecutive asks that were greater/equal than the stop caused the order to be submitted, but it failed to execute the marketable limit. Checking time and sales, it should have.

I considered changing my trigger method to single bid/ask. But then I'd have to use a GAT(good after time) order qualifier to avoid the 1st 5-7 secs after a news release when spread widenings can be a problem.

BTW, a 4 pip spread between your stop and limit using a stop limit order for entry during volatile times invariably works. And you usually get in 1-3 pips from your stop.

Sure, you might be able to do better at a different brokerage, but there aren't too many which give you the ability to use a stop limit for entry. Unfortunately Oanda doesn't. I wish they would. Sometimes I miss my targets because I was too slow to pull the trigger. (unless I use Oanda's limit "bands"). But what I like about IB is that I can set my targets for entry and exit using various order types and qualifiers and also contigent orders with a logic I can create.

Someone also mentioned trading the FX futures, which I do. But during volatile times, the spread can go much wider than the cash. Especially post news announcement which happens at least 10 times any given month. When I say wide, I mean 15 to 20 pips wide during the first few seconds. A workaround is to use a GAT order qualifier for entry set @ 8:30:05EST with your stop loss order set @8:30:10. If you stop loss is 15 pips of your entry price, I would definitely recommend this strategy when trading the FX futures.

#23     Jul 23, 2006
  4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Nothing wrong at all.

Brand loyalty. Team psychology, etc. But if you read many of the defenses and attacks, you'll find that the customers pretty much can smell a rat. They've been right far more often than they have been wrong. You see, ET gets a lot of broker shills. (Persons pretending to be customers of the competition just to log false complaints.) Also, you get noobs to trading or new to a semi professional platform like IB's, who don't know what they are alking about or having learned the intricacies of IB's setup, yet rather than asking for help, they rush to complain on ET.

Yes, but it's true in almost all the cases. Real IB customers, log real complaints. And each of them in turn helps each other out. Noobs to IB rant in precisely the same way and the problem or complaint is almost invariably their own fault. And they usually fail to take responsibility for their actions or lack thereof. The good thing is, since nearly all noobs rant in the exact same way, you can pretty much tell a noob from a shill.

In the case of ballyhoo, this poster is not a noob. But does have shill written all over. I have accounts with IB and Oanda among other brokerages. I extol the virtues of each as well as the point out the negatives. When one leans too heavily towards one broker, meaning to push too heavily for interest in a favored while condemning another, it's kind of obvious what their motives are. One bad experience with a broker is not enough to push you over the edge. You are guarenteed one bad experience with all brokers. I should know, I've been around in this game for 15 years. Not one broker I've used scored an A+.

#24     Jul 23, 2006
  5. So are Bally-who and Eagle-I the same person?
    Sounds like someone talking to themselves now that they've been outted.

Lets get real here. Here we have some dipstick(s) who think(s) they've found a way to screw everyone else in the market

And then they discover that everyone else thought of it last year. And instead of being the screwer they are the screwee. And then they come crying to et about how badly they've been treated.

Maybe one day you'll understand how markets operate but my guess is you'll moan and whinge your ways to cleaning out your accounts and then complain that the markets are not fair. Sounds like you doesnt it?

Hey f-wits ... if you're not up to it why don't you go home crying to mummy. At least she thinks you're big boys (not the losers you clearly are). Alternatively learn how to trade ... a poor craftsman always blames his tools :p :eek: :p

Roberk, old boy, these guys are total tossers. Cheers :)

#25     Jul 23, 2006

6. Imoa, kiwi you are one little funny boy, grow up and leave your home and computer screen will you, there is a life out there!!! If you continue staying at home and getting your posts up (926 already) you will damage your brain, if there is any left!

Ps, have fun and paranoia will soon leave you in peace.

#26     Jul 23, 2006
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

LOL. Since KIWI registered 4 years ago, that would make his yearly post contribution average ~230/yr. or 115 semi-annually.

You having logged on in Jan of this year with 120 posts thus far seem to have him beat.

Care to revise the above since it can equally apply to you?

#27     Jul 23, 2006
  8. 4 years, must be loyalty as you said, I dont think I will stay loyal that long. So yes you can revise!

#28     Jul 23, 2006
  9. sccz97

sccz97

there are plenty of work arounds that can be employed, some more succesful that others on ideal pro .. but of cousre in the end because the liquidity providers through ib do not have to honour thier quotes it's all a bit hit and miss. FX Futures, no point even thinking about them when there's a lot of vol, as you said ... stupid spreads and don't even think about geting anytihng more than 5 contracts on even eurfx without slippage. You're never gonna been spot fx for sheer volume and flexibilityq

#29     Jul 23, 2006
  10. ballyhoo

ballyhoo

kiwi, why don´t you go and get a real job instead of sitting in front of your computer for IB interactive Brokers and posting dumb messages. This isn´t satisfying for you, the way you write shows that you are a little bit frustrated. Go on like this and you will need some professional help soon.

#30     Jul 24, 2006